By Anonymous - 25/12/2011 06:25 - United Kingdom

Today, is Christmas day. Normally, I'd spend it with family. However, my boss decided everyone has to work today, despite the fact that there's enough people who want to work to run the place. Apparently it's "fairer" if we all have to do it - except him. FML
I agree, your life sucks 33 711
You deserved it 2 330

Same thing different taste

Top comments

saIty 17

Santa will probably take a shit down your boss's chimney. Merry Christmas to everyone.

That's extremely selfish of him...I hope you got to spend some time with your family.

Comments

In Canada, that would go against your Charter of Rights and Freedoms in Section Two, freedom of religion. You could take your boss to court over it. I see you live in the UK, but I know they have a similar document...

The only law on Christmas day working in the UK is 'Large shops (over 280 square metres) in England and Wales are not allowed to open on Christmas Day.' There is no automatic right not to work on Christmas day, most people have the right to time off or extra pay on Christmas day through their contract with their employer. I work in a shop that is not legally allowed to open but other shops in the same company do open and we get nothing extra for it. In Canada an employer CAN make you work if you are employed in a hospital, a continuous operation, or a hotel, motel, tourist resort, restaurant or tavern. So you still have no automatic right to have Christmas day off..

Along with 100, In Canada, Everyone gets Christmas off.

wriptidez 0

And so began the Christmas murdering og Cornwall..

Ummm I'm going to need you to come in tomorrow ummm kay?