By Anonymous - 25/12/2011 06:25 - United Kingdom

Today, is Christmas day. Normally, I'd spend it with family. However, my boss decided everyone has to work today, despite the fact that there's enough people who want to work to run the place. Apparently it's "fairer" if we all have to do it - except him. FML
I agree, your life sucks 33 711
You deserved it 2 330

Same thing different taste

Top comments

saIty 17

Santa will probably take a shit down your boss's chimney. Merry Christmas to everyone.

That's extremely selfish of him...I hope you got to spend some time with your family.

Comments

The clear answer is to convert to Buddhism. Christmas will be just another day, except you get paid time and a half. You're welcome.

not really. Buddhism embraces all religion. So in a Christian country Buddhists acknowledge Christmas. I'm Buddhist, but I still give out and receive presents and do all the other Christmassy stuff... even go to church sometimes.

Fine, thanks for ruining the joke. Change it to Hinduism. Will that make you spiritually enlightened? Er, happy?

Also not all jobs pay time and a half, they don't legally have to.. Mine doesn't.

Tell your boss to **** off! Quit and find a similar paying job

If life was always that easy and decisive. :) But, in spirit, agreed. ;)

hateevryone 14

screw your boss. go spend time with your loved ones.

A7X_LoVeee 10

What an asshat. I've never understood why anything is open on Christmas. It's a shame but hopefully you will get to spend time with your family.

Hospitals? Care homes? Police stations? Clearly don't need those open on Christmas day...

A7X_LoVeee 10

Well of course. I was thinking along the lines of stores and other businesses.

autumnisintheair 7

Ugh! That is so rude! Hopefully you'll get off of work early! Try to make the most out of your Christmas at the office!

LtBrenton 16

That's actually illegal, employment tribunal here we come...

#61, There isn't a law saying you can't work Christmas or New years, and it's even possible that if you request Christmas Day off it can be treated as one of your holiday days. You are entitled to extra pay if your contract says so, and also if it says you get extra pay for bank holidays.

Starfiji 0

Tell him to eat shit and die.

If he's not there couldn't you just leave?