By seriously wtf - 08/03/2013 03:18 - United States - Saint Petersburg

Today, in my architecture class, my professor's lecture consisted of a list of movies and books which feature characters who are architects. I couldn't leave because I needed the attendance points, and it lasted 45 minutes. I paid out of state tuition for this. FML
I agree, your life sucks 27 505
You deserved it 4 094

Same thing different taste

Top comments

oj101 33

Inception really challenges the mind, so you're probably getting your money's worth after all.

Does "The Architect" in The Matrix count? He built a whole world.

Comments

Did you finish the assignment he gave you on Minecraft yet?

First, she has to finish her report on LEGOs!

Nope, she's done that. She's doing one on World Of Warcraft now.

movies-building our tomorrow, today.

Why are you even complaining? MOVIES ARE THE FUTURE.

Even though they were invented 100 years ago?

stevenJB 25

I wouldn't want to pay thousands of dollars for something I can just google. Eh, who knows I'm going to college next year.

PerditaDessa 38

I had a professor who did something similar to that, but he put the lists up at the beginning and end of each class. He said that being able to watch/read about people in the role was helpful to some. A entire class of it would be awfully dull, though.

Reminds me of my history teacher somewhat. One of the questions on our last test was " what did Roosevelt teach his parrot to say? "

xStaciexLynnx 15

How is that the same situation at all?

Did the teacher have any point to it -- say, to talk about what the general public thinks architechts do, and why? I can't really imagine even anything like that stretching out to a full class's lecture. Regardless; if wasting class time is part of a pattern for that teacher, I'd definitely report him/her; if you're not sure where/how to do so, start by asking your academic advisor. Good luck, OP!

Hahah i thought of HIMYM immediately as well! Also, inception!

acerima 11

Welcome to the new dumbing down of America.

smilequeed0222 7

Yea well i sit in a 55 min long language arts class everyday which consists of nothing but our teacher screaming, yelling, talking in a baby voice, telling us a story, or sleeping. And i am there because its the law