By KereKris - 01/12/2016 19:18

Today, I wrote a bad review for a pizza place after their pizza gave me food poisoning. Now, they won't stop calling me, begging me to take my review down in exchange for free pizza. I have tried to tell them that I wouldn't eat their pizza again even if I got paid to do so, but they won't listen. FML
I agree, your life sucks 10 578
You deserved it 1 392

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Either write another review saying how annoyingly persistent they are to get it removed, or report them to someone. **** it, do both.

Give it to me! I'll take my chances. Worst case scenario: I lose a few pounds.

Comments

This has happened to me before, except they tried bribing me....not sure if I want to take down a review that warned people of medical dangers for a refund. Keep the money or give it to me like you promised, but I'm not taking my review down that potentially saves people from going to the emergency room from bleeding out and/or infection. By the way, ALWAYS research the place before going to them, no matter what line of business. My case was a tattoo and piercing parlor that didn't follow the laws, sanitary precautions, and didn't take time to ensure all steps were followed. I'm very fortunate I caught the infection fast and didn't need much treatment other than some antibiotics.

Just know the facts: actual food poisoning takes 3 to 10+ days to incubate and show symptoms. Look it up. If you got sick that night, it's possible that you were already in a bad way stomach wise, or you were reacting to someone else's fast food, or it's even possible that maybe the pizza wasn't quite right. But to claim out and out "food poisoning" is probably inaccurate, and a much over used and abused phrase. I'm well-versed in food preparation and what is required to pass a health inspection test.

InfiniteSecret 20

It is also possible to get sick straight after or a few hours after eating something. It doesn't always take days it can't take a few minutes to a few hours to a few days. It depends on the person and the food

Please look up how many days it takes to show symptoms of actual food poisoning. Your system was probably already teetering on the edge from previous meals you had eaten. If the pizza wasn't quite right enough to give you vomiting and diarrhea that night, you should have smelled and or tasted something completely off as you were eating the pizza.

Salmonella only takes 6 hours to show symptoms and vibrio less than 4. The more serious food borne illnesses have a quick onset.

I took a food prep class when I worked in the restaurant industry a decade or more ago and if memory serves like 90% of food poisoning is uncooked food like salads or the lettuce/tomato on a burger.

Try to see this from their perspective. Businesses depend largely on reviews to bring in customers, a single bad review can have more of an effect than ten good ones. Also, these things happen and obviously they are attempting to make amends to you.

You deserve it, you are just like the morons who leave bad reviews on products that come broken and they never get in touch with costumer service and end up buying from a different company or something. Just because one time something was defective doesn't mean it will be every single time. They are apparently not constantly poisoning people if they are still on business so a 1 time mistake shouldn't define the business. Absolutely flawed logic by you and all of the people on this post. Get more food from them and update your review with the fact that 1 time you have gotten food poisoning but the food is good when not poisoned.

I grew up working in our family business and I can tell you first hand how much impact even one negative review can have. What OP doesn't realize is that there are a lot of people paying a price for that review who had nothing to do with the pizza that may have gotten them sick. It's very easy for 1 bad employee to make a mistake and then the whole business suffers. The food industry is hard and mistakes happen. If OP doesn't give the store a chance to even explain or defend themselves, it's like putting a suspect on trial and never letting them defend themselves. It's not allowed in our social justice system and it should not be allowed in online reviews.

Goblin182 26

If you take the bad review down, we will give you food poisoning for free.

icekingz 7

Ok people you aren't really going to get food poisoning twice from the same place, it's so rare and you can't be sure that it was the pizza anyways because it takes awhile to kick in with symptoms.