By KereKris - 01/12/2016 19:18

Today, I wrote a bad review for a pizza place after their pizza gave me food poisoning. Now, they won't stop calling me, begging me to take my review down in exchange for free pizza. I have tried to tell them that I wouldn't eat their pizza again even if I got paid to do so, but they won't listen. FML
I agree, your life sucks 10 577
You deserved it 1 392

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Either write another review saying how annoyingly persistent they are to get it removed, or report them to someone. **** it, do both.

Give it to me! I'll take my chances. Worst case scenario: I lose a few pounds.

Comments

If they are calling that frequently, it may be because you have significantly impacted their business. There could be a lot of jobs on the line. You may want to consider working with them. It's hard to be a small business owner and people make mistakes. Unregulated reviews can have very long lasting impacts.

JocieM 9

OP should leave their review. Reviews should not be regulated, they should be honest.

What the business is doing to OP is called harrassment. Reviews are supposed to be honest, not just positive experiences. The OP has no obligation to remove the review, if anything they should update it adding in that the restaurant has been continually harassing them! Rather than working with them, the op should tell them to contact them only through a lawyer, or should threaten them with police action. In no way should they accept that behaviour, it's possible to die from food poisoning, the fact the restaurant is trying to bribe customers they poisoned is absolutely awful.

21, the argument that it's hard to run a business is not going to help them when it comes down to the facts. Which are, in short, that they shouldn't be serving food that is ill-prepared and making people sick. They also shouldn't harass people over reviews. If they aren't following certain food service standards and their products are making people ill, they should have to answer for that. If they get shut down and people lose jobs, it's the business owner's own fault for not enforcing proper hygiene and food safety.

Are you sure they were the source of the food poisoning? Food poisoning typically takes 8 - 24 hours to come on, so people often blame the last place they ate, even though it was likely a meal or two (or 3) before that caused it. Still, all the stuff other people are saying about the harassment is true.

This is a more accurate time frame for food poisoning 3-10 days pfffft

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway
finalyearsofhate 22

Hate to break it to you, but most of those "24 hour viruses" you speak of are in fact foodborne illnesses.

You know what else destroys their livelihood? Poisoning their customers!

You are absolutely correct. I just posted the fact that it takes 3 to 10 or more days for actual food poisoning to show symptoms. People are so quick to claim food poisoning and they have no idea what they're talking about.

@43 that's not right. It can be several hours, not several days.

InfiniteSecret 20

Do you work in this pizza place? It sounds like you are trying to convince people to eat at a place that can give you food poisoning and than harasses you until you take down the truth

Tell them that you will take down the review if they use non spoiled ingredients in the free pizza and the cook it properly.

Tell them that what their doing is harassment and if they don't stop calling block their number. If they keep calling get a lawyer involved.

You should tell them to get you a gift card to a pizza place you actually do like.

At least there are still establishments who give a shit about making things right. It's more than a lot of places do. Just do the review, dude..

possomman 10

It's just a business trying to survive, give them a second chance. Don't pretend to be a food critic- you aren't. Don't be a self entitled prick with nothing else better to do than critique restaurants.

If I was vomiting or ******** or both, I'd have nothing better to do than alert the public to the establishment that caused my illness as well. That would be true for anybody.

Please look up how many days it takes to show symptoms of actual food poisoning. Your system was probably already teetering on the edge from previous meals you had eaten. If the pizza wasn't quite right enough to give you vomiting and diarrhea that night, you should have smelled and or tasted something completely off as you were eating the pizza.