By MegGRRRz - 28/11/2009 15:33 - United States

Today, I woke up and took my mom to work. It wasn't until after I got home, logged on Facebook and looked at the upcoming birthdays to see that it was her birthday today. No wonder she was silent the entire car ride and slammed the door on the way out. FML
I agree, your life sucks 7 816
You deserved it 56 995

Same thing different taste

Top comments

This is when you bake a big cake and tell her you were only pretending to forget. You can recover!

Quick, you have a couple of hours to arrange a mini surprise party!!

Comments

DeathByFalchion 0

More like FYML for having a daughter like you. That's horrible - go do something for her now.

what the hell are you doing on the computer OP? Go bake a frikken cake and get her some frikken presents!!! NOW!!!

Skull_300 0

Did she give you gas money? No! Well, **** her Birthday!

so go out get her at least a cake and a card, get a gift if you can find something. pretend you were just ******* around and really didnt forget. but OP you deserve it for forgetting your moms birthday. i dont get along with my mom at all and barely talk to her, but i still know her birthday.

theblazian 0

I don't need hints to remember my Mother and Father's birthday.... hell I've remembered since I was 7-8.... I don't know maybe if kids like you weren't horrible self-centered children you wouldn't need your parents to drop hints.... :-)

...So you think everyone should be less self-centered, just like you? Don't you find that a bit ironic?

Leward 0

Yea, tell her you were just pretending to forget it. Or just come clean, she might understand. Still, feel sorry for you.

BikerMike 0

women can be real ***** when you forget birthays, anniversaries etc

So.....she expects you to wish her a happy birthday as soon as you get yourself up to drive her to work? That's a bit idiotic and ungrateful....for all she knows, you might have been planning a surprise party for her, or wanted to wish her Many Happy Returns later on in the day. What a gross overreaction. Bet she's going through menopause! But honestly, if you had to look on your Facebook to remember her birthday, you need to work on that. Like, NOW. Go out and buy her a card and/or something nice, and give it to her when she gets home from work. YDI for forgetting your own mother's birthday. FYL because she overreacted first thing in the morning.

I agreed with you up until that menopause trump card.

Flowers delivered to her at work would be a great cover--they'd show her you were only pretending you forgot her birthday.

sjp092 0

Wait until 11:59 and present her a cake and present and make it look like you planned it =)