By No money, mo' problems - 18/06/2013 22:01 - United States

Today, I witnessed an elderly lady getting mugged. I ran over to the guy mugging her and offered him the money in my wallet in return for him leaving her alone. The old lady snatched my money and ran away with the mugger. What the hell just happened? FML
I agree, your life sucks 59 179
You deserved it 9 659

Same thing different taste

Top comments

graceinsheepwear 33

Sounds like you've been scammed.

Have you not learnt by reading FML the elderly are not to be trusted. :$

Comments

smurfdoll 8

I call that getting swindled and pimped.

jaybaldi 15

Bit of a farfetched plan by that elderly woman. Bold assumption by her that someone would offer money.

Okapi_fml 12

Well I'm assuming a scam like that plans to have someone come to try and help the old lady and fight off the mugger, but then they double team and steal from the person trying to help by force or something. In this case they probably just got lucky that the OP was such a naive passerby.

deepunder 17

Aren't people more likely to use threats and call the police? 1 possibility is that the old lady was desperate for money after her purse was stolen. Op just happened to be naive enough to offer paying, in the hopes that would prevent trouble

You've been hit by.. You been struck by.. An smooth criminal.

I wish I could thumb you up twice. I laughed so hard at this. Well done, well done.

zevo1415 10

This comment is perfect in every way.

You got scammed. But at least you tried to do the right thing!

im confused why you offered your money when didnt you just take the purse from him?

Wtf is wrong w you op? Man up and do something about crime. Giving the mugger your wallet is just plain stupid.

Ins0mau 20

It's safer for him and still saves the old lady from injury. The mugger could have easily been armed. Not necesarilly what I would have done but I can see the logic.

ThiQQ 9

Y'know, I really hate to be the one to point it out, but why are all the old ladies on this site so... Evil?

OscarDV 8

Well, I don't want to be the one to point this out, but this is FML. People come here to tell of their misfortunes with the world. If there were sweet old people, then there wouldn't be a good FML, don't you think?

Not necessarily... The FML could have just been that the mugger then robbed and/or beat up OP for interfering, and the little old lady could have been perfectly sweet. But it seems like there are never FMLs that happen to involve nice old people by coincidence, they're always jerks that are part of the set up.

edvin_fml 10

actually, the real mistery is why you couldn't outrun the old lady ...

Azeri_fml 11

You'd be surprised. Some old people can really book it.

They wouldn't have planned this set up if the old lady couldn't run.

RedPillSucks 31

And perhaps she wasn't that old. Some seemingly old people are pretty fit. I got my ass kicked in tennis by a 78 yr old guy who ran down every ball I returned.

I laughed...but I can't run for shit either.

you just got robbed by a little old lady, and you didn't even see it coming.

Got an idea for something WWYD should try doing to people