By No money, mo' problems - 18/06/2013 22:01 - United States

Today, I witnessed an elderly lady getting mugged. I ran over to the guy mugging her and offered him the money in my wallet in return for him leaving her alone. The old lady snatched my money and ran away with the mugger. What the hell just happened? FML
I agree, your life sucks 59 179
You deserved it 9 659

Same thing different taste

Top comments

graceinsheepwear 33

Sounds like you've been scammed.

Have you not learnt by reading FML the elderly are not to be trusted. :$

Comments

Double whammy, how awful when you were just trying to be kind.

Ydi for being a dumbass. Running up and offering the mugger money? You're a fool. You run up to the mugger and punch them until they stop moving or you sneak up behind them and choke them until they stop moving.

Ins0mau 20

You never offer a mugger money in exchange for them to leave someone alone, then they'll just have two victims money. You mug the muggers idiot. Ydi for being a dumbass.

Dangerous scam to pull off considering in most states you could've pulled a gun and shot the mugger.

Don't stop what you're doing. Don't become jaded or discouraged. Fight to stay kind and good. And you did real good, no matter what the result.... so forget those arse-holic YDI comments

Dawnstempest 17

This was a standard mugging team. The two members (sometimes up to three, usually no more then four -- so the money made isn't split too far) work together to scout out a mark (which varies depending on the team), then one pretends to get mugged/ beat up hoping that the mark will come to the rescue. When that happens the person who was supposedly the victim either switches sides immediately (like here), takes the money and run. Or the person doing the mugging runs off, pretending to be chased off by you, and the "victim" lifts the wallet while showing gratitude. They then meet up at a pre determined spot and split the loot. Variations include one of the group chasing down the mugger (if the mark was robbed directly), then asking for a reward. Sorry you got scammed. Don't let this turn you into a non-helping person. It's because you did something good that this happens. Criminals rely on good people to do the right thing.

diablodeldragoon 6

Wait! You attempted to pay someone to not commit a crime? And it went badly? Wonderful story, the plot twist at the end was totally unexpected!

And this is why I am afraid of old people. Bastards

Well, she probably needed the money for her constant 'Early Bird' specials. :/