By unlucky - 16/12/2010 04:08 - United States

Today, I went with my sister to her company Christmas party. They had a gift raffle, my number was called and I won $25 for a local restaurant. A few moments later, the manager came over and said, "You don't work here? You can't have that" and took it from me. FML
I agree, your life sucks 30 536
You deserved it 7 137

Same thing different taste

Top comments

And the problem with pretending it belonged to your sister was...?

Ismellwin 0

I would think they would've told you that before you entered the raffle.

Comments

jessicanicole201 0

I went to my mom company Christmas party, and I won a 40 inch flat screen, the bosses daughter won a wii, one of the warehouse guys brother won bose surround sound and one of the sales guys wife won a trip to vegas... I have yet to have someone tell that I shouldn't have won. everyone one was excited for us. I find it all depends on the staff and their personalities...

bigtredawg 2

at my former company they gave tickets to spouse and children of the employee but other who were welcome at the picnic were not allowed to enter. sucked when I brought my gf of 7 years to the picnic and she was not allowed to enter because we were not married. but at least they told us when we got there. I think the boss should have let her keep it due to them giving her a ticket. it was their mistake, unless she knew she was not suppose to have one.

Flutist 3

It wasn't your prize and your company. I understand it must have been embarrassing for that to happen, but really...you don't work at the company and if the boss, who most likely helped pay for the prizes, decided you couldn't have it because you aren't an employee--well its his money spent and his decision. Grow up.

Zombie65 0
daniivanity 0

I don't get why people are so mean. I understand where the op is coming from. Sure, she wasn't supposed to win but I don't think she would have bothered entering had she known that. The fml is just that she was excited to win something (let's face it, most of us rarely win any sort of raffle) and then the excitement was short-lived. Sure its not the end of the world and others have bigger problems but that doesn't make it suck any less.

the manager is just jealous because he didn't win.