By unlucky - 16/12/2010 04:08 - United States

Today, I went with my sister to her company Christmas party. They had a gift raffle, my number was called and I won $25 for a local restaurant. A few moments later, the manager came over and said, "You don't work here? You can't have that" and took it from me. FML
I agree, your life sucks 30 536
You deserved it 7 137

Same thing different taste

Top comments

And the problem with pretending it belonged to your sister was...?

Ismellwin 0

I would think they would've told you that before you entered the raffle.

Comments

I can totally see where the manager was coming from - after all, the Christmas party is the company's thank you to their staff. If the OP had had any sense he would have politely refused the prize when he won it and they could have redrawn it straight away. It's only $25 and the OP did end up feeling a bit embarrassed, but it shows a fair amount of lack of awareness that the OP was even going to keep the prize to begin with.

YDI It was an employee party! All employee parties I've been to only give prizes/ gifts to employees. It's a reward for them! Think how you'd feel if that happened at your party! Do you have a job?

you should have pretended that he was trying to rob you! That way you can sew the company and get even more money! Muahahahhahahhaha!

If you paid for the ticket then that's bullshit. if you just tagged along then I get it n

eaglesrule96 0

that's what you get for not goin to college

What does college have to do with this at all? She could have a very successful career of her own and decided to spend time with her sister. You're very ignorant...

mikelawry03 0

and u couldnt stand up for yourself and say you won it. you just let him take it? who does that.

annieleigh31 1
franwins0827 7

Lame. Also, if you paid for raffle tickets, you should have either demanded your money back, OR insisted that the manager at least give it to your sister, given that she IS his employee.

NoireRose 0

Kinda the same thing happened to me when I was younger my babysitter took me to a baby shower and we were playing bingo and I won a bath product kit but since I wasn't older the baby sitter took it and for my prize I got a mini paper umbrella that you put in drinks. The baby sitter kept the bath products and never gave it to me. I was planning on giving it to my mom for a present. My mom's birthday was coming up.

Just keep it. It's not like they'll fire you for refusing, since you don't work there.