By The_Black_Jesus - 31/03/2013 13:32 - United States

Today, I went to visit some family out of state for my niece's birthday. I couldn't think of what to get an 8-year-old so I got her a Barbie doll. Everyone else got her money, iPods, game consoles, etc. When she got to mine she asked "how do I turn it on?" Then threw it away when she couldn't. FML
I agree, your life sucks 51 367
You deserved it 5 242

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Kids these days are so ungrateful, it makes me sick

Comments

this has got to be my favourite username

I rode into town on an ass. YO MAMA'S ASS!

NewYorkMexPR 14

She's got a wealthy family! But should not get too accustomed to it. She will eventually need to learn to be grateful for every moment she gets.

Or she's going to grow up and get a sugar daddy and be a waste of space

Tigerblossom 19

Or maybe she can get a job and become rich herself? Women can do that now a days.

I would have kicked her ass. Kids these days have no manners

hooligyn123 18

Yes because pulverizing an 8 year old is brilliant.

Tigerblossom 19

I know plenty of little kids who have manners. It just depends on the child.

Ungrateful little bitch. My kids would get the bollocking of their lifetime if they behaved like that.

Although the niece is indeed spoilt and seems to have no manners whatsoever, I'd be pissed at her parents rather than at an 8 year old

luckyd880 12

Calling an 8 year old a bitch is a bit much. She's spoiled ya, but that's a too far. She's only 8. A kid can only grow up how they are taught so I would blame the girls parents for this one. Not the child. Although, having a good long talk with the girl about manners is desperately needed here.

Suaria 38

You do realize child abuse is illegal? What needs to happen is the person needs to talk to the parents and the child. Tell them to not spoil their child. To the kid, tell them to be grateful for what they have.

ileenefudge 29

You can't always just talk to the parents and the child(ren). It doesn't always work or get threw to either party. Disciplinary action needs to be taken in these types of situations, such as taking certain toys away until the child learns manners or to be grateful for all they have, when there are many others who don't get things like that. It's sad when kids get iPods and phones but are ungreatful for what they have, yet my son is 3 and he knows his manners, and he uses them everyday.

Just to clarify, bollocking is an English term for severe telling-off. Nothing abusive.

perdix 29

To turn on a Barbie doll, you need to get a Ken doll, a Barbie(TM) strap-on* and some lube*. *Sold separately.

hooligyn123 18

Ken Doll? Try G.I. Joe *Action Figures* All my Barbies turn lesbians when only Ken was around. :P Now. . . when I got my collect of monsters from "Small Soldiers"?, the girls went wild with the troops! and a few of the Gorgonites got lucky too!

perdix 29

#90, unless they changed GI Joe dolls/action figures since i was a kid, they don't have penises either. It's just as well -- if they did, you'd have to pop off one of Barbie's legs to make a hole for him.

Gee, I remember playing with Barbies. Didn't have phones or iPods and iPads. They wanna grow up too fast. Sometimes I'd like to be a kid again. No real responsibilities like car payments and other bills.

TheyCallMeDamien 17

Can you say spoiled? Next time just get her a card and keep it moving.

still_guns 16

people these days have no idea what a real toy is. 8 year olds don't need iPods. they need education