By anonymous001 - 08/01/2013 19:58 - Canada - Toronto

Today, I went to the movies with my crush, who had asked me out on a date. Assuming he'd pay, I left my money at home. When the time came to buy the tickets, he only bought one for himself. FML
I agree, your life sucks 25 920
You deserved it 68 860

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Contrary to popular belief it's ignorant to be so confident in this "rule" that you don't bring your own money, I believe it was totally deserved in this case. This doesn't mean I don't believe the guy should pay though so don't get confused.

Comments

You should AlWAYS have a couple of dollars on you at all times.

kikimonole 13

You definitely deserve that. You should never assume someone is going to pay for you. That's sexist and rude. Also to assume just makes an ass out of u and me. Just saying. ;)

Well it depends. Did he say "do you want to go to the movies?" or did he say "do you want to go out to the movie with?" One meaning he wants to hang the other meaning he is asking you out.

kittycat2007 18

that is a you deserve it hun. always bring money with you. if for nothing else than emergancy cash for a taxi. this is a golden rule of dating.

kittycat2007 18

This is a you deserve it. You should always bring money, even if its just emergancy money for a taxi. This is a golden rule of dating.

you know what is said about assume "an ass of you and me"

Normally if someone invites you on a date they would pay (at least for the ticket) but I would have brought my money just in case. Sucks to be you.

kallemyster 6

Please go, it's not dinner, it's a movie. Why are women stingy, buy your own ticket.

I'm sorry that sucks but YDI. Whenever I go out with my boyfriend I always take my wallet even though I know for a fact he always pays, because I don't want him to notice and assume that he always has to pay