By Nikki - 15/10/2009 01:47 - Canada

Today, this guy and I went on a date to the movies. We got up to the desk and I asked for one ticket for 'Jennifer's Body.' The guy moved his way in front of me and said, "make that two tickets." He then walked away to look at movie posters and left me with the $22.50 charge. FML
I agree, your life sucks 35 237
You deserved it 6 721

Same thing different taste

Top comments

the real problem is you actually paid to see jennifers body

And you paid? Why would you pay? Tell them "No. I just want one ticket." Don't take that shit, damn it.

Comments

the real problem is you actually paid to see jennifers body

I wonder if I would get my FML posted if I said: "Today, this girl and I went on a date to the movies. We got up to the desk and I asked for one ticket for 'Jennifer's Body.' The girl moved her way in front of me and said, "make that two tickets." She then walked away to look at movie posters and left me with the $22.50 charge. FML" OMG, you paid for TWO tickes!? Your life is over!!! Not! Maybe she didn't realize that guys do this EVERY time they go on a date...Although, the guy didn't have to be rude about it!

**** you, pig. clearly you haven't been on a date in a while. this post has nothing to do with gender and everything to do with how incredibly scuzzy and rude that guy is.

#24 you don't understand, if you pay for a chick, then you might get a BJ later, yes, just like a prostitue. When you pay for other ppl, guys, you don't get anything

Well, no one's a pig except BJ just above you =P But even that comment has some truth to it...depending on a girl...I don't know if I'd be *quite* that happy if my date paid for a movie ticket but whatever.... I would be pissed if someone did that to me...Not because "guys are supposed to pay" but because the guy was so ******* rude about it...If we had agreed before that I could pay because I had more money or whatever, I'd be willing to pay and I'd get him to pay for me next time.

i'm sorry, it's incredibly bad manners for a guy to make his date pay for both of them. either the guy pays, or they go dutch (which OP was trying to do). if the girl OFFERS to pay, then fine, but a guy should never FORCE a girl to pay for him. if i were her, there wouldn't be a second date with that asshole.

lichen_fml 0

If you do this EVERY time you go on a date, you're dating the wrong girls. I've been dating the same guy for 3 years, and we still split all our checks, except when we're treating each other on special occasions. Plenty of my female friends don't expect the guy to bear the entire financial burden. Your blanket criticism is a bit of a stretch in this feminist day and age.

americayay 0

It's not crappy for her to pay for a ticket. It's crappy for him to walk up and say "Guess, what. You're buying mine too." If I were on a date with a guy and he ordered one ticket, I'd order mine, not push him aside and say make that 2 and walk off. No matter what the gender is, that's really rude and thoughtless. OP, I work at a movie theater and while I would not suggest buying any ticket to that particular movie, I would've asked if you wanted to pay for both tickets and given you the chance to say you only wanted the one. You guys can cry double standard all you want, but this one's rude period.

Veritas143 0

Maybe the guy was sick of paying for her or girls in general and the girl didn't even offer to pay.. which is an issue in itself.. dont get me wrong the guy was rude..atleast the girl went up first to pay for her own ticket..i went to eat with my ex and her friends(while we were dating of course) and her and the two friends just stared at me when the check came...bitches..

cherry_blossom 0

For real. I watched a little bit of it on break one day and I swear I lost brain cells.

wow op u shud have said that he wasn't with u and not paid 4 him god

ONYA 0

Women have babies. The least you can do is buy them a goddamn movie ticket.

Chocolate_Chunk 2

oh my god, they have babies! what a shock! that comes totally unexpected and it's not like women have a choice to be knocked up. Oh wait they have. That kinda destroys your argument.

dude, megan fox was awesome in jennifer's body. :D

did anyone consider that the girl asked the guy out because yhan he should not pay

crazyladydaisy 4

If it were me I wouldn't of been able to watch a movie with him. He sounds like a free loader. Also people needa calm down. It's not like the girl was like "omg!! He made me pay for my OWN ticket! Plus his!" no. She was already gonna pay for her own ticket no problem. He just sleezed his way in on it. Making him, a douche.

The comment below says it all. they should charge you extra for contributing to bad cinema.

Nate5911 0

Hahaha, what a cheap asshole. wow

OP's boyfriend should have paid for both of them!

1. It wasn't OP's boyfriend, just a guy she was on a date with. 2. No, he shouldn't have. They should've paid for themselves. I hate how some people expect men to pay for everything, this coming from a woman.

And you paid? Why would you pay? Tell them "No. I just want one ticket." Don't take that shit, damn it.

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway

This. It's certainly what I'd have done. If he were my boyfriend, sure, I'd pay for both tickets. But if it's some guy I'm going on one date with and he was trying to force me to pay in so rude a way, I'd say a big "**** you".

you couldn't just say 'actually, just one ticket'?

consider $11.25 cheap proof he's not worth it.

if you like the guy, you shouldn't let financial problems get in your way.

That's do stupid. U shouldn't have to pay for a guys ticket unless ur treating him. And she obviously wasn't.

shadexilmaendu 4

Maybe the guy didn't have money and was embarrassed about it and that's why he walked away. It is inconsiderate, but it's no worse than all the girls who expect guys to pay on the first date

err I'm sure she hasn't had time 2 really like the guy and I'm sure after this she definitely doesn't. and it's not really the financial issue thing it's more a he's a total cheap jerk thing. she should have just walked off.