By mothapuka - 26/12/2009 09:10 - United Arab Emirates

Today, I went to the mall with my mum. She had a few too many drinks the night before. As soon as we got into the mall, she puked. She walked around the mall with me, blowing chunks into a plastic bag. FML
I agree, your life sucks 31 126
You deserved it 2 854

Same thing different taste

Top comments

i hope Chunks is not your father's nickname.

your name mothapuka make me laugh so hard hahaha

Comments

jollyjam1 2

Her puking from doing drugs the night before is just punishment. Make her run around the mall and eat some really greasy food to ratchet up the punishment.

hahaa this faaaaaaaaaaaails. you live in dubai, that suuuucks.

It's great how your own mother is throwing up and instead of going back home and waiting until she feels better to go to the mall, you just act like nothing happens and make her go to the mall with a vomit bag. Some daughter you are.

I actually live in Dubai and can give you a real account. Drugs are a no-no. But they're not gonna test you unless there's a reason for suspicion. And the many cases you're referring to are like 5. In one the guy actually had weed stuck to his shoes. Seriously. But pretty much everything else is good to go. They sell alcohol in Dubai Duty Free and anyone can purchase a case of whatever they like so long as they're over 21. Muslim or not you can drink at bars, etc. so long as you've got ID, and sometimes, not even that. You can buy as many drinks as you want, and as with any place, make a spectacle of yourself and you get kicked out. If her mom is foreign and puking she probably got a lot of odd looks but I doubt anyone actually approached her. If you're pregnant and unmarried it can be difficult but you can get birth control pills at any pharmacy off the shelf and condoms are available everywhere. Use them. Oh, and people are confusing Dubai for the United Arab Emirates as a whole. Other emirates have strict policies but Dubai is pretty chill. Just don't do anything stupid like you wouldn't in other countries where you're a guest.

omargosh 1

number one is a winner. and would you prefer it without the bag? remember that at one point she blew you out her butt.

Ewww. That's so disgusting that she'd just walk around puking in a bag. **** your life, and the lives of anyone that had to be around her while she was throwing up. I know people throw up, but I'm the kind of person, if I heard it, or saw it, I'd be sick too. x_x

Possibly. But that's kinda exaggerated and again, I wonder why they were checking the guy. The only thing that I've seen them make people do is scan their luggage on the way out. That's it. Pre-marital sex is against the religion for sure (like in many other religions) but these days it's becoming pretty common. But birth control of any kind isn't banned because even if you're married you'll need it. Family planning is promoted. But considering the number of foreigners in the country they've got to make this stuff available. People having sex on the beach will be jailed for just like they would in any other country. But at home or in a hotel room do what you want. And yes, technically the consumption of alcohol isn't allowed in Islam. But not everyone is a practicing Muslim. Same as any other religion you have people who don't have an issue with these sort of things and are ok with it. It's a choice. Dubai, being a tourist attraction is aimed at entertainment and so it provides these things. The emirate of Shajrah, which promotes culture and religion, is dry. I think the problem is that people don't differentiate between the religion and the country. Yes the predominent religion is Islam but there are also very many other religions. People think that all Muslims are strict and practicing when in reality there's a range of beliefs just like anywhere else. Also, several Middle Eastern countries have alcohol and such because there are a lot of Arab Christians. And honestly, they're lenient about alcohol but picky about drugs. So what? No country has got a policy that is 100% fair or right. The U.S. has got some double-standards as well. And I can say that cause I'm from there, believe it or not. I've only been in the UAE for a couple of years.

I really hope you guys are just tourists and not muslims. If not, the long claw of the law is going to chaze you.

I agree^ thats like saying that all citizens of any country are subject to that countries main religion. For example, (Im not going to use America, because of how the country was started on the pretense of religious freedom), but lets take Israel. Im Israeli, so of course everyone there is expected to be Jewish. Which I am, but there are many people (though definitely not a majority) who are Christian, Muslim, or of other religion.