By charlotte9338 - 23/10/2011 23:32 - Canada

Today, I went to the hospital with a broken hand. They gave me a cast and some prescription pain medication. The only problem is that the bottle of medication is child-proof, I live alone and I can't open it with one hand. FML
I agree, your life sucks 33 995
You deserved it 2 891

Same thing different taste

Top comments

klol_fml 11
minichu 4

I think the best solution is hold the bottle between your thighs while sitting down and then twist the cap. Seems like it might work. Good luck!

Comments

whenever someone bitches about not being able to do something with one hand, I think of my mother, who's been a hemipalegic (Left side paralysis) for the past 18 years. She does everything with one hand including, opening her own drinks, pills and otc meds (even child proof ones), ties her own shoes, gets herself dressed, can put her hair in a pony tail and a hell of a lot more.. it's called improvise. I can do almost all the stuff my mom can with one hand as well. it's not difficult.

horsecrazy420 3

way to sound like an arse. Ya its great that your mom knows how to live an independent life, but shes also dealt with it for a long time. Im sure this person didnt plan on breaking their hand, so dealing with every day issues is completely new to them! You could at least show a little compassion.

Ask a neighbor to open it, once its opened, that's it. You live alone, so no need to close it.

justinlee13 3

Must have taken you an hour just to type that post huh? hehe... Get well soon!

TheLBG 5

Use your teeth to hold the bottle.

Grip it between your feet and use your other hand to open the container.

How did u right this story then??? lMFAO

#127 - Are you retarded? Since when was opening a bottle of pills the same as typing on a keyboard?

manasstalker 7

My younger brother is handicapped and one of his arms don't work. Just do what he does, he puts the bottle between his knees then pushes down and twists.

HU4L188 0

Store it in a different container

jewelsfml 0

put the bottle in ur mouth and twist the lid w ur hand, hope u get it!