By charlotte9338 - 23/10/2011 23:32 - Canada

Today, I went to the hospital with a broken hand. They gave me a cast and some prescription pain medication. The only problem is that the bottle of medication is child-proof, I live alone and I can't open it with one hand. FML
I agree, your life sucks 33 995
You deserved it 2 891

Same thing different taste

Top comments

klol_fml 11
minichu 4

I think the best solution is hold the bottle between your thighs while sitting down and then twist the cap. Seems like it might work. Good luck!

Comments

...so ask a neighbor or someone to open them and them put them in a baggie. Duh.

timidanne 10

Hold the bottle with your feet.

kimmiekimmiekong 0

I know how u feel, I crushed my pinkie and had to get surgery done on it, ended up with 5 screws and 2 plates in it! woke up from surgery with a huge cast to my elbow( ya it was stupid for a pinkie) but I had to take my Meds every couple hours and my parents were ether out of town for work or the other didn't come home till late so I had no one to help me open my meds, I had to bare through the pain! i completely know ur pain!!

So use your good hand to go knock on your neighbour's door.

creedaddict 9

Dude take them back and get the non child proof ... I feel ya pain man

Rick_S 3

That does suck, big time. My wife has arthritis, and it's starting to spread to her hand, so her medication is hard to open. I asked the pharmacy, and they had her fill out a form, and now all her meds come in non-child-proof containers. You should do like others have suggested and take it back and ask them for a non-child-proof top. I'm sure they'll be happy to help out.

Put the pill bottle in a vise, then twist. Viola, you opened a pill bottle

AmandaIsMyName 0

Come on it's not rocket science.. Hold it with your legs and open it.

There are other packages they can give you. Go back to the pharmacy and ask for the blister pack version. You can pop those out with one hand. :)