By charlotte9338 - 23/10/2011 23:32 - Canada

Today, I went to the hospital with a broken hand. They gave me a cast and some prescription pain medication. The only problem is that the bottle of medication is child-proof, I live alone and I can't open it with one hand. FML
I agree, your life sucks 33 995
You deserved it 2 891

Same thing different taste

Top comments

klol_fml 11
minichu 4

I think the best solution is hold the bottle between your thighs while sitting down and then twist the cap. Seems like it might work. Good luck!

Comments

Don't try to hide the real problem. ... just use the other hand.

Obviously the Op broke his dominant hand and opening a child proof bottle with your opposite hand is a bitch.

come on now, just keep trying, you've got to figure out how to get it eventually. don't be an Adolf Quitler

The_creator_fml 2

Lol just a tip, if you go poo dont wipe with the wrong hand!

Have a friend or family member open it ONCE and then don't screw the lid on ever again.

This is true. She lives solo so she shouldn't have to worry about it falling into the wrong hands.

yamikou 0

can I give you a hand to open it?

Just go back to the pharmacy and ask for the non-safety vial, they should have no issue in doing so. Hope the pain goes away soon!

unlucky90 4

Ydi for not being able to figure out how to open the bottle. Step 1: place bottle firmly between your knees. Step 2: use the hand that IS NOT broken to remove cap. Step 3: down the entire bottle of meds with a shitload of vodka bc you're an idiot.

Would have agreed but step 3 killed it for me. Now you sound like a dick.

I'll be waiting for your next FML when you finally get it open but in a moment of sheer intelligence close it again.