By Anonymous - 23/01/2011 07:21 - United States

Today, I went to the hospital to visit my aunt and her newborn baby. The receptionist gave me the room number, and I went and my aunt was in the bathroom so I cuddle the baby, only to find that the woman who came out of the bathroom was a complete stranger. I was holding her baby. FML
I agree, your life sucks 35 609
You deserved it 8 381

Same thing different taste

Top comments

thats no too bad, apologise and explain.

That is very true, regardless if the baby belonged to your aunt or not, you cannot just pick up and hold a newborn baby without even asking for permission. Also I can't remember another serious comment by perdix besides this one.

Comments

why in the hell would someone just go in a room and pick up a baby, who they aren't sure if it's even their relatives... It makes no sense. And if you asked the receptionist, she probably would have asked for the lastname and if there were 2 or more by that name she would have asked for the first name. Op just epically failed. Smh.

rlTlk 13

Even if it was your aunts baby, you don't pick up a baby that is not yours without permission. New mothers especially are usually very picky about that. I would be. I wouldn't want every "friend" and "relative" holding my baby, least not before I was there to make sure they were someone I approved of and I would still supervise, and made sure they washed their hands.

It's no biggee.....Just tell the truth.....However,you are cuddling with the baby,not torturing.....The mother will forgive u.

fossilman 0

I think Perdix could say that the sky is green and everyone would be like "Yea totally Perdix lawls! **** blue!"

BS! Iv read too many like this already and I don't think a mistake like that happens all the time.

sallen0046 4

What the hell is wrong with you? You never, ever pick up anyone's child without first asking the permission of the parent. Why would you stroll into any hospital room without first checking the name on the door and the proceed to snatch up an infant that you have not even verified belongs to the person you went to visit? Personally, I hope this woman called security and had you escorted from the building. You should know better than to put your hands on anything that does not belong to you, especially other people's children.

Ability-to-edit-your-posts-to-correct-embarrassing-typo win! :D

Adding to the choir and saying YDI for grabbing someone's baby (family or otherwise) without permission. That's never okay.

you shouldn't have picked up the baby without permission anyway. Some people don't like others holding their babies, especially newborns, whether they're family or not.