By Anonymous - 15/03/2015 04:23 - United States - Statesboro

Today, I went to the grocery store with my four-year-old. She has some issues with wetting the bed, so I told her that if she wasn't sure if she was dreaming about "going", she should pinch herself to make sure she's awake. In the produce section, she pinched herself, smiled proudly, and peed. FML
I agree, your life sucks 32 415
You deserved it 5 489

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Maybe you'll have to explain things a little more with this one. Maybe also mention where she could go if she knew she was awake. Not just that she could go if she was awake :P

Comments

Put her in pull up diapers when you're in public until she learns how to use the toilet?

I think she just misunderstood OP. It sounds like the is potty trained but just has Bedwetting issues.

YDI. This was a terribly worded explanation... Could explain why she peed in a supermarket.

Op, Is it that she fell asleep in the trolley or something and pinched herself in sleep .If it is so please mention

Its cute until the stench of urine spreads across the entire produce section. I would suggest going the old fashion 'how to train your dog' way and sit her on the toilet couple of hours and she can't move until she goes.

Yeah, if you want to traumatise her. If anything, that's what not to do. No better way for her to learn that she doesn't want to use the toilet.

thats why my sister would always wait for nap time to go to the bathroom. the pull ups were put on for bed time!

@#40 You can't let a 4 year old make the decision to decide when she wants to use the toilet because she doesn't want to use the toilet hence the fact she happily peed on herself in grocery store. You do it your way and your going to have an unpotty trained kid going to kindergarten in no time. And believe me, teachers don't clean up piss.

misfitunfit 21

LOL!! As the mother of a three year old, I can completely commiserate with you! I'm sorry haha

dragonladiesfire 19

She listened to you, on the bright side.

Lucid dreaming, you're doing it wrong.

spunds like she needs a spanking for that and pullups tell her " you pee in your pantys like a baby so here you can wear a diaper like a baby"

Please never have kids. The kid clearly misunderstood without malicious intent. Besides, with incontinence you never use punishment or it gets worse. Spanking kids, especially when they don't deserve it, screws them up. Finally, diapers are for medical conditions, not punishment.

Have to agree with #50 here. Spanking a baby because he/she took something her/his parent said literally is just plain wrong. I was raised believing that you should never lay a hand on your children, spanking or otherwise. And I grew up fine, never badmouthed my mom or did anything wrong against her. I actually don't understand why people feel the need to spank their children? In my opinion, if you have the respect of your children by being a fair and somewhat strict parent, your children will respect you without you needing to use spanking.. I don't know, am I the only one who feels that way? I live in Norway, and it seems like everytime I'm in here and it's about children, someone says "spank them". Just doesn't sit well with me..