By sick - 30/09/2009 15:12 - United States

Today, I went to the coffee shop for my usual morning latte before class. When I got my drink, I asked again to make sure it was soy. The barista assured me it was. It wasn't. I'm ridiculously lactose intolerant and just spent six hours throwing up because she was too lazy to correct her mistake. FML
I agree, your life sucks 46 444
You deserved it 3 866

Same thing different taste

Top comments

ghembob 2

I hope you went back, talked to her boss, and got her fired. Firing her is the least the boss can do considering the lawsuit you could have for what happened.

Comments

the_stereotype 0

i hope you threw up in their bathrooms so they would have to literally clean up after their mistake.

YDI for being intolerant. You souldn't be so closed minded. What has lactose ever done to you?

Gruffy 0

LOL...thats fkin funny....sounds like the kinda thing i woulda done, but in the lobby...maybe im just spiteful ...oh, wait, i know im spiteful

Gruffy 0

I would find a new coffee shop, or file one HECK of a complaint...get that lazy-ass fired!!

ooohlife 0

same here! i HATE when they don't use soy, especially when i'm very clear about wanting it!

KP6167 0

K, I'm gonna be a bitch real quick, sorry. But come on, seriously, If you're such a delicate god damned flower then make your own soy half-caf light foam 145 degree latte. And if that doesn't suit your fancy then shut the hell up and call it a day. Thanks. :)

i'm lactose intolerant also, and this happens to me all of the time. once i brought it back and they remade it with whole milk instead of soy. how do you make that same mistake twice? needless to say they don't care. i've been told i can sue, but i am just too lazy and it would just be expensive.

**** lattes. **** coffee in general. And they do is dehydrate your body. Everyone always ******* flips their shit over coffee, like it was liquid god damn gold.

if you have allegies you should male it known..... they will be a lot more complacent if it's for an alergy rather than a personal preference...

My problem with this post is that lactose intolerance shouldn't cause vomitting. The enzyme that you are deficient in when you have lactose intolerance is in your small intestine. symptoms include abdominal pain, diarrhea, and gas, not vomiting. I also don't see why she would not make it soy on purpose, I'm sure she would know she could get in a lot of trouble for that. I don't think this one is real.