By sick - 30/09/2009 15:12 - United States

Today, I went to the coffee shop for my usual morning latte before class. When I got my drink, I asked again to make sure it was soy. The barista assured me it was. It wasn't. I'm ridiculously lactose intolerant and just spent six hours throwing up because she was too lazy to correct her mistake. FML
I agree, your life sucks 46 444
You deserved it 3 866

Same thing different taste

Top comments

ghembob 2

I hope you went back, talked to her boss, and got her fired. Firing her is the least the boss can do considering the lawsuit you could have for what happened.

Comments

i say this is either fake or HIGHLY exaggerated first of all, the OP goes to the coffee shop for their usual morning latte, wouldn't the people who work at the coffee shop know?!?! secondly, kind of stupid for ordering a latte which is really just milk. thirdly, i don't think you would be throwing up for 6 hours from lactose intolerance. i would know, i am lactose intolerant. it usually just upsets your stomach so you are extremely bloated and have explosive diarrhea. also to #78 just because you're lactose intolerant doesn't mean you've never had milk before. i drank milk and dairy products all of the time up until i was sixteen. when i moved to europe i stopped drinking milk and eating dairy for a long time and my body was no longer able to break down the lactose enzyme and that is how i became lactose intolerant. btw you can definitely tell the difference from soy milk and regular milk. i enjoy the chocolate silk, but i believe it is an acquired taste. you get used to it after drinking it for so long.

Yell at them and demand to talk to their manager sue them!!!

Suing is over the top unless it was a life-threatening allergy. But DEFINITELY complain and demand some sort of compensation, at least your money back and a free latte.

Go back there and scream at the manager.

I seriously believe this happens all the time. I've gone back and asked them if it was the correct drink, and more than once, they've assured me it is, and it wasn't. Sorry about that, btw!!!

Just a heads up, unpasteurized milk (which you can find in local farms and farmer's markets) contains lactase which allows you to digest lactose allowing those who are normally lactose-intolerant to drink milk.

gigi2009 0

whoever YDI'd this is an asshole.

I'm also lactose intolerant, but mine is only mild

That's nice to know... But we don't really care