By sick - 30/09/2009 15:12 - United States

Today, I went to the coffee shop for my usual morning latte before class. When I got my drink, I asked again to make sure it was soy. The barista assured me it was. It wasn't. I'm ridiculously lactose intolerant and just spent six hours throwing up because she was too lazy to correct her mistake. FML
I agree, your life sucks 46 444
You deserved it 3 866

Same thing different taste

Top comments

ghembob 2

I hope you went back, talked to her boss, and got her fired. Firing her is the least the boss can do considering the lawsuit you could have for what happened.

Comments

JonnyMack 0

In Soviet Russia, lactose is intolerant of you!

starbucks has ****** up my order many times. i would go to the manager of whatever coffee shop that was, tell them about the girl. i hope she gets fired.

foobarbaz 0

**** this stupid bullshit trend for calling coffee shop staff "baristas". What a load of bollocks. Now get me my coffee, and hurry the **** up.

captainmaharet 1

Stop barfing long enough to go back to the shop, barf on that bitch's supervisor, and explain why. Then go to the Better Business Bureau and the health department.

tell that to her manager and she will get fired. it's happened to me before also.

UGH, YDI! You couldn't even taste that it wasn't soy. I also worked for SBUX for two years (and don't get me wrong, I hate them as much as the next scenester on here) but I HATED those bitchy divas that I would make their drink and they would be like, "Are you suuuure this is (x ingredient here)????" No ******* DUH, I know how to read and I just read all the markings on the cup, take your shitty drink and get out!

Icarus3 0

Lactose intolerance is NOT an allergy! The two things have absolutely nothing in common! An allergy is an immune system response, usually to a protein. Lactose intolerance is an inability to digest lactose, the specific sugar found in milk, due to insufficient levels of one of the enzymes that breaks it down. Lactose intolerance is actually the normal state of the human species. The ability to digest lactose after age 4 or so is due to a mutation that is not common in most populations. Most people in the world are lactose intolerant. The mutation that prevents normal lactose intolerance from developing is most common in people of European ancestry, but there are plenty of people of European descent like myself who still don't have it. Anyway, she should really try Lactaid pills. I've taken them for probably 15 years or more, and they work great for me, so hopefully she'll have the same result!

How the **** are you supposed to know what milk tastes like when you've never had it?

you would have been able to taste the difference. ydi