By Finding Kemo - 16/04/2016 19:12 - United States - Los Angeles

Today, I went to school with a bad haircut. I got about 50 cancer jokes so far. FML
I agree, your life sucks 20 488
You deserved it 2 162

Same thing different taste

Top comments

It could be worse. Like you could actually have cancer

What breed of assholes go to your school?! Nice name, by the way.

Comments

That's pretty ****** up that people still joke about that

142asdfqq 14

I made an FML about my dog running away, and got rejected. This guy gets accepted because of a bad haircut? Wtf?

As someone who's dad had cancer 4 times and just passed away from it last year, and as someone who works with cancer patients now, it's not funny to joke about. As we were watching my dad die never once did we think joking about cancer would be remotely funny or helpful.

LowLifeKid 15

People deal with different things different ways. When my friend went through breast cancer she told everyone she'd keep them "abreast" of the situation and then would tell more boob jokes. My friend who had bone cancer made jokes about it constantly. Being serious and somber all the time isn't the only way for people to deal with rough diagnoses.

Yeah it's different if it's the one with cancer joking about it.

My friends were always super pumped about new jokes and puns for their illness. It's how we kept each sane going through everything. Our favorite doctor from that time is the one that cracked jokes while handing out news about our treatment/illnesses. You wanna talk about some terrible jokes about terrible things? Hit the Mayo Clinics pediatric ward (where I was) and we'd get down and dirty with our jokes. The best times were when people got our jokes and cracked back. Different strokes for different folks (this led to a friend who had lost his dominant arm lamenting about how it would be like ******* a stranger).

Humans are the closes thing to demons. Just makes ya sad sometimes to see the path so many of us take.

**** em... Cancers not a funny thing

its sunday....who goes to actual school on sunday?

You could always say you're promoting cancer awareness, or you're being supportive, shame on them for making cancer jokes

Man they're just shaving off your self esteem aren't they?

How does having a bad haircut mean you have cancer? If you shaved your head then it would make sense but it sounds like you just got a 5 dollar cut job.