By O0hdear - 27/08/2015 17:44 - United States - Humble

Today, I went to my fiance's cousin's wedding with him. I got drunk and danced like a stripper in front of his entire extended family, who I'd just met that day. FML
I agree, your life sucks 11 540
You deserved it 32 590

Same thing different taste

Top comments

This is why you should not drink excessively, especially in front of people you are trying to impress. You can't control your drinking behaviour but you can control you drinking. Poor fiance, and poor people who had an idiot at their wedding.

DMA0712 22

First impressions always count.

Comments

Hey it's the OP. Let's see if I can expand on this. It was an open bar and very late into the evening so I was far from the only one to drank to excess, including my fiance. I'm very aware that whatever happens when I'm drinking is my own fault, I've always been a "go big or go home" kind of girl. Thankfully the few children that were there had already been put to bed and most of his elderly family members had left too. All in all, I still had a great time.

Go big or go home does not apply to drinking if you have a modicum of maturity and intelligence. Plus the fact that other people were hammered is not an excuse. I hope you apologized to your fiance, it must have been really embarrassing for him.

VincentLeonhart 5

My dear friend,quite frankly you're a dumbass,not only do you not show any form of restraint,you also embarrassed your fiance by acting like a stripper.YDI all the way.

Oh, so it was partly their fault for having an open bar? Did everyone else dance like strippers as well? Doubt it. Maybe "go big or go home" didn't apply in this situation. Anyway, good time or not, I'm sure his family did not want to see that. I'd say show a little more class but it's a little too late for that.

I'm curious as to why you even posted this, because you don't seem to be ashamed of it and almost seem proud. Guess the attention at the wedding wasn't enough for you.

thatonetribute 31

You sound like a brat, OP. "I acted like a moron at someone else's wedding, bar at least I still had a good time!"

Poor OP. FML staff are so ashamed of her she doesn't even get a blue border. Now we can see her get thumbed down to hell.

I have been to weddings with open bars and I had a few cocktails. Gasp, I didn't get shitfaced like you did. Don't blame the open bar for you getting that drunk.

Any time you have to explain your actions with "go big or go home", it's completely your fault and you deserve every bit of the consequences from it.

ADBurns 22

You should live in the UK. Situation normal. No eyelid batted at all. Haters gonna hate...

poppunkette 22

Ydi you *******! Go big or go home does not apply at weddings or any formal Occassion! Does that mean you get shitfaced at funerals too? If you know what your like drinking and it's a formal Occassion and not a backyard party don't drink to excess! No sympathy.

lol I'm fairly certain I never once said I blamed anyone else or the open bar. You guys take other people's shit way too serious. You don't know me, or my fiance, or his family, who adore me btw. Lighten up.

OP: Seriously! The most judgmental people can always be heard in a large crowd. Your post came across as a YDI, but your explanation makes it just a funny story that you'll always remember. Geez, some people need a life. Lighten up indeed!

thatonetribute 31

No offense, but you sound like a brat. "I acted horrible at a wedding by choosing to drink too much, and I feel sorry for myself. You don't know my life!"

29, no, people with common sense and respect for others post here. And obviously people who are more mature than you and OP post here. If she can't feel a little ashamed for getting drunk and dancing like a stripper at her fiancé's family's wedding, then she is definitely not ready for marriage.

We know you're a woman who doesn't know her limits and ashamed herself and her fiancé. You're lucky the family still likes you.

corky1992 33

Still your own fault. If it were my wedding I would have had you escorted out. Open bar or not there is a thing called self control which you obviously do not have.

poppunkette 22

Doubt they adore you so much now!

meli1195 31

I feel like whenever someone does something stupid in front of their partner's family they always back themselves by saying "they adore me" . I doubt they would adore you for dancingike a stripper at such an important family event.

thatonetribute 31

Getting drunk and causing a scene at a wedding is bad enough, but you did this at a stranger's wedding? How rude. YDI.

Well you sure as hell aren't getting their blessings

You guys are crazy judgemental. I didn't "ruin" the wedding or "cause a scene". I danced in a way on a dance floor with a lot of other people in a manner I wouldn't have had I not been intoxicated. I wasn't the only person dancing in front of the entire party. I never said I was proud of it and I posted it for the sheer fact that it was an embarrassing moment for me. An embarrassing moment that I brought upon myself and I have to deal with. However, I have a sense of humor as does my fiance and his family. We all had a good laugh about it. I didn't completely destroy someone else's wedding and have no feelings about it because that's simply not how this story played out. Most of you are assuming things or are just flat out overly judgemental. I'm far from the first person to drink a little too much (because I was not a hammered bumbling idiot as some of you jumped to the conclusion of) and do something embarrassing. The ending to this story is that it all worked out fine, except for an embarrassing moment my in-laws are sure to pick on me for. It was a beautiful wedding, the bride and groom are happily married, people had an great time at the reception, and my fiance's family loves me and welcomes me into their family with open arms. This was my red faced moment to share.

But you know very well that you should contain your drinking for when everyone goes home, not for when you're trying to make a good first impression on his own family.

Weddings are notorious for people getting wild drunk anyway.

We're simply calling it like we see it. You can't hold your liquor. You can't control yourself. You try to justify your actions by saying you were drunk. You are obviously not ashamed.

LadyLuck93 20

Shit happens when you party naked. But in all seriousness, if you knew it was a wedding & it was going to be your first time meeting the whole family & close friends, well then shit you should have known ur limits. There is a time & place for everything, but clearly this wasn't the best time to get shitfaced & get too comfortable & open about ur wild side just yet, you shouldn't strip in front of any family members period. I guess the best thing to do is to make up to them within time. No one likes to be the laughing stalk... sad but true. Like normally we all go through dumb & embarrassing drunken moments but thats like in our teen years & early 20s. I dunno, just saying I would be veryyy ashamed but its also not the end of the world. I guess learn from this..

poppunkette 22

You said before your the go big or go home type. Keep digging your own grave. You don't seem ashamed you seem proud. If I was getting married and you acted like that I'd have you removed from my wedding

You went to someone's wedding and by your own admission "got drunk and danced like a stripper". IDK who wants "a drunk stripper" at their wedding. And you whine people are "judgemental" for saying it's not cool and nothing to be proud of. They're not judgemental, they have standards. You should try it, you might like having some class.

I'll be honest, I'm on #36's side. People do seriously stupid shit when they're drunk. And for the people saying that she could have controlled herself whilst drunk, not a lot of people can. I know I'm going to get down-voted on this but, it's my opinion. At least she didn't cheat or harm someone.

That was ENTIRELY your fault. You deserve no sympathy.

corky1992 33

Doesn't sound like an FML to me when your other posts clearly show that you're not ashamed whatsoever.

Then why did you post an FML at all...? And why do you keep commenting trying to justify yourself to the people not giving you any sympathy?

ADBurns 22

Seriously. What is wrong with people... Obviously not been to any wedding.... Situation normal. Every one just calm the feck down.....

poppunkette 22

Uh I have been to loads of weddings and never seen anyone get that drunk they dance like a stripper. But I'm sure your getting strip clubs and weddings mixed up you know like op did!

@OP don't sweat it. All these people will post their own embarrassing moment someday and be judged just as harshly. I don't agree with what you did, but I sure as hell don't think you're an alcoholic or going to hell. People need to chill.

why even post this FML..? If they love you and adore you lol Makes no sense

NodakN8V 25

Hopefully you made some extra money. If not then it was just a waste.

Op, you posted looking for what exactly? People to laugh with you? There's nothing funny about a drink girl who can't hold her liquor. I'm sure his family was more than a little embarrassed for you. Please consider treatment and AA, I did it and have two years sober. You will feel much better once you do.

Wow, are you seriously recommending AA meetings?! You took that too far sweetheart!