By dyingtinkerbell - 18/10/2009 11:14 - Australia

Spicy
Today, I went to my company's HR manager to ask what the procedure was to file a sexual harassment complaint since my boss exposed himself to me. His response was that the procedure is to "get over it." And he went back to reading. FML
I agree, your life sucks 46 871
You deserved it 4 429

Same thing different taste

Top comments

letitbe56 0

I don't know anything about Australian law, but I suspect it's illegal for him to ignore your concerns like that. Talk to a lawyer--at very least, the company should transfer you to another department so you don't have to work with your current boss, if not fire him.

xtremelifter 0

The heart of the issue is that she was shown something that she didn't want to see in the first place. Sexual Harassment isn't a "suck it up and get over it." Once you see something like that u can't unsee it. Seek legal help and charges filed against him. Apologize for that having to happen.

Comments

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway
xtremelifter 0

The heart of the issue is that she was shown something that she didn't want to see in the first place. Sexual Harassment isn't a "suck it up and get over it." Once you see something like that u can't unsee it. Seek legal help and charges filed against him. Apologize for that having to happen.

If you can prove it, press charges. Since you probably can't, get over it.

I picked YDI because I think this is fake... that wouldn't happen. They would do something about it if it were true.

So your naive enough to think that out of the just over 6 billion people you know enough about humans in general to say this wouldnt happen? Yes there are systems in place in Australia for this but without credible evidence he would probably just get off, though his reputation would be in shambles, thats if he even cares that is. But it is just a penis, spend a while on the internet generally and you will probably stumble across something much much worse.....

piles_of_fail 0

talk to your lawyer if your lucky you can get the guy for sexual harassment and your boss for ignoring it

You make a good point except for you got it backwards. Her boss exposed himself, not the HR guy.

perdix 29

Oh, my, such unspeakable revenge! Anything but that! Please don't throw me in the briar patch! If it were me, the flashing the boobs might be bad enough, but what would really frighten me would be if you bent over and mooned me, and then rubbed your crotchetal region all over me. Oh, the horror! Please don't ever do that to me!

justmyluck1212 0

Stable your boss's shadongdong "accidentally"

i love how the comments section becomes an advice column. odds are, the OP is never going to read any of this.