By terrible person - 04/04/2011 09:29

Today, I went to my boyfriend's house to break down and cry because his mother hates me for unknown reasons. I walked in, gave him a long hug, and started sobbing. I then saw his mother. She was visiting him to complain about how terrible a person I am. FML
I agree, your life sucks 43 139
You deserved it 5 994

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Valle79 5

So you planned to break down? I can see how his mother might think you're a horrible person...

Now you can talk out your diffierences.

Comments

Right, as you said for "unknown reasons" I'm going to go out on a limb and assume you haven't talked or brought this up with her. Maybe, instead of crying to your bf about it, you try talking to the mum in a mature manner. Even if you can't solve the problem of her hating you, you might be able to come up with a solution that means you don't have to interact with her too much and that you can both be civil too each other when you do. Also, whilst your bf needs to be aware of how his mum treats you affects you, it also probably doesn't make things easy on him to listen to both of you complain about the other.

What's wrong with English people? Also, what was said that was gross?

The uncultured kid meant that English people are gross.

You went over there just to cry? Oh boy...

juliette320 0

your probably prettier than her and she's jealous. been there and done that you really can't come between a guy and his mom unless he hates her guts.

Yes, I'm sure that's the problem. You sound like a self-absorbed bitch.

My boyfriend's mother hates me, too. Her loss!

I'm sure she hates you for a reason. Normally parents don't just hate the boyfriend/girlfriend of their son/daughter for absolutely no reason.

Yes they do. They see it as losing their child to another person. They don't want to let their child go. These are the same parents that are overprotective and shelter their children instead of raising them to be self-sufficient adults. I'm not saying the one in the post is like that, but I know from plenty of experience that SOME parents are.

arlenenaj 0

Wah i know the feeling but just remember she will never like u, she might learn how to pretend to like u but she will never really like u, because ur now becoming the new woman in his life... Just wait until yall get married it gets worse

saxy08 1

Most mens moms don't like the girlfriend and try to break you up, your taking their son from them, you are just going to have to be nice to her and hope she comes around. until you prove that your worthy you aren't going to deserve her son in her eyes...ps the sobbing thing prob had a negative effect, don't bring your boyfriend in the middle you will lose

If she loses, better now than later. You don't want to fight a battle with your bf's mom forever. If he's a mommas boy, things need to come to head now instead of later. If they get married, he's going to start a life with his wife, and have children... a family of his own. He needs to choose what he wants. Nobody likes a momma's boy.

Inspired22 11

Um, I don't think the sobbing thing was negative. It is HIS mother, not hers. He needs to at least be there for her. I would be furious with my dad if he tried to break my boyfriend and I up. Not cool. Yes, it includes him. She is sticking her nose in his life and not allowing him to make his own decisions. Sure, she can share her opinion, once. But that's it. Her son is an adult. She needs to treat him like one!

tell yur bf to stand up for yu. if hes just sitiing there and listening to it all then hes a bitchhh....

chocolatedream 0

ugh! mothers that pull stunts like that are pathetic! unless she has seen you do something sneaky or u treat ur bf bad then she can get in between you two. just dump him if she doesn't get off the sack. her stupid comments will never