By angry - 28/06/2009 21:05 - United States

Today, I went to go get a new ID because my wallet was stolen, which had my social security card in it as well. I found out that to get your ID you have to have your social security card, and to get your social security card, you need your ID. FML
I agree, your life sucks 58 081
You deserved it 8 685

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Wow. You probably shouldn't be carrying around your SS card though..

Comments

Passport, birth certificate, ect ect. And why were you carrying your social security card around with you? You're begging to have your identity stolen.

fretforyerlatte 0

i guess there's got to be some way to recover it, but i do know that they require photo ID to get your new SSC, and you need the SSC to get the state ID. definitely true. not everyone has a passport, because not everyone travels out of the country. birth certificate alone isn't enough because there's no photo. you'll probably be able to get it back but it will probably require a fair amount of time and paperwork trying to prove who you are. i guess you've heard it already, but this is exactly why you don't carry your SSC with you. that, and like someone said, you're pretty much asking to have your identity stolen, which i would be EXTREMELY concerned about if i were you, being as whoever stole your wallet literally has ALL your information. your life may be ****** well more than you even realize yet at this point.

jason03 0

passport is a type of ID... i doubt you had that in your wallet. get your passport get a new social security card. done

rustyrox 0

time to bust your birth cert and some other form of picture id .... don't carry your sscard in your wallet ppl!

i can only assume all the negative votes are about how everyone knows you don't keep your damn SS card in your wallet, but they neg it to not look dumb? the fact that "your life is f*cked" is getting more votes than "you deserved that one" though makes me wonder...

Ok -- go and get a copy of your birth certificate, which you can use to get a provisional copy of your SSN from the SSA, and then you can take both of those to the BMV to get a copy of your ID. Or... If you've ever been indicted for a felony, which is a non-traffic related court document that has both your social security number and your DOB, the BMV has to take it (it's on their list of approved documents).

Someone really, REALLY has no life to mark most comments as negative!

Sambo110 0

Haha, what loser/losers are making every comment hidden?

jeanii_fml 4

Jesus, every single comment is gonna get buried? O.o Anyways, that really sucks, haha.