Quite rightly so

By Anonymous - 31/05/2022 22:00 - United States

Today, I was told my eldest grandson doesn't want me at his birthday party, nor does he want my gift. It would seem he and his younger brother still haven't forgiven me for my prank on Easter, when I tricked them into thinking I was taking them to the 'Big Neighborhood Egg Hunt', when really we were going to church. FML
I agree, your life sucks 280
You deserved it 3 854

Same thing different taste

Top comments

That’s not a “prank” it’s dishonest which is the opposite of what they are supposed to be teaching in that church.

nor should you be forgiven. it wasn't a prank. you not only lied (which is a sin) but you had them all excited for an activity and then let them down. YDI yourself. if I was their parent it would be the last time you took them anywhere

Comments

That’s not a “prank” it’s dishonest which is the opposite of what they are supposed to be teaching in that church.

nor should you be forgiven. it wasn't a prank. you not only lied (which is a sin) but you had them all excited for an activity and then let them down. YDI yourself. if I was their parent it would be the last time you took them anywhere

mattiagardin 15

Yeah you really sound like you deserve to be alone

Very Christian of you, so much for religious indoctrination.

lastjedi 3

yeah i wouldn't trust you anymore either. that wasn't remotely a prank at all. you have work to do and it doesn't involve dragging them to church

xxWTFxx1981 23

Wow. People get real serious about church on FML the comments are so harsh. I found it extremely funny. They are kids so they will get over it as Grandma it's your job to load them up on sugar and give them tv and video games. let the parents be concerned with religion. My mother has brought the kids to church a couple of times but they asked to go because she loads them up with candy beforehand and hanging out with Grandma means special attention.

And the Idiot of the Week award goes to...

I'm sure the "gift" was eternal damnation in hellfire. What kid wants that?

Typical modern Christian bullshit... Lie to everyone so that they have to do what you want, then piss and moan when they push you away after realizing you lied. On top of forcing your beliefs onto people, in this case little kids who most likely have zero interest in listening to adults talk about nonsense for hours while trapped indoors. They'll forgive you in time, because you're family, but you'll need to stop forcing religion down their throats and leave it to them to decide whether or not they choose to believe.

Make your own Easter Egg Hunt, dress up like a bunny and have money and candy hidden inside plastic eggs next to actual eggs and hopefully you learned your lesson. My dad when he messed up horribly one Easter had $100.00 bills in the purple eggs and had two purple eggs per child hidden. We had to split the high bills.

kitten79TX 5

It's horrible to lie to children and get them excited about something that isn't going to happen. You could have told them you were taking them to church, and then after church taken them to do something they would have been excited for. I hope your stupid "prank" doesn't keep them from Jesus for life. And I hope they somehow learn about forgiveness and can forgive you for doing something really mean to them.