By arrestedgun - 23/05/2009 07:37 - Canada

Today, I went to a dollar store with a couple friends to buy cap guns to play with. We were having a lot of fun with them, and took them onto a bus. 5 minutes later, three cops got on, handcuffed us, and sternly talked to us about the dangers of guns. We got arrested for toy guns. We are 17. FML
I agree, your life sucks 21 398
You deserved it 58 624

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Everyone who thinks he deserved it because he's 17 and still playing with toy guns should realise that staying young at heart is important. I feel sorry for people unlike the OP, who never play any games.

chimmy 0

Some places, like transportation vehicles and depots, choose to not allow guns of any type... even toy guns, since police officers mistake them for real guns. (Which apparently happened here.) Stupid, but there you go, luckily they didnt shoot to disarm/kill you.

Comments

Seti_fml 0

next time get water or nerf guns, they're more fun to play with.

What exactly do you mean by "to play with"? Maybe its just me but when i read that i got a dirty image in my mind

WitchCirce 0

Wow, you people who are saying they deserved it for playing with toy guns are colossal douchebags. Clearly, this is an FML because they were mistakenly arrested. Cap guns don't even look like real guns up close, for god's sake. They have the orange tips and they're made of goddamn plastic.

@ #5 Some kids brought BB guns to my school and were expelled. I assume the same rules apply to other public places, especially buses often locations of gang relted crime. @OP YDI because you thought no one would care because you're 17. Most people assume kids your age are the most likely to pull those kinds of stunts.

hmm better than get arrested for real guns, but YDI for playing with fake guns while your 17.

CryingHowls 0

wow... first of all, a 17 yr old playing with toy guns is not the point of this fml. and what's wrong with playing with toy guns at the age of 17? he's young at heart and, most importantly, he knows how to have fun with the simple things in life - toys and his friends. secondly, isn't the OP saying fml because he got arrested for a kinda dumb but kinda legit reason? yea, deffo an FYL

Are you black, cuz if you are that explains why, racist cops

PoeGyrl_fml 0

Like most everyone else said...I think 17 is too old to be playing with toy guns...ESPECIALLY in a public place. Its dangerous cause people been shot before over toy guns and over by over zealous cops. If you still want to play with toy guns at 17 do it at home, I would be embarrassed. I am all for having fun at any age but a toy gun is asking for trouble in a public place.

Just because they are 17 doesn't mean they can't have fun with toy guns to have fun .. FYL.