By Jeff - 15/07/2014 20:37 - United States

Today, I went out to lunch with my girlfriend. I asked if she was going to finish her meal, hoping to steal a bite or two. She somehow took this as me calling her fat, threw her drink at me, and stormed off. I just wanted some steak. FML
I agree, your life sucks 52 609
You deserved it 11 800

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Maybe next time you can tell her you want a bite because you're hungry?

rieebee 23

Next time, just ask for a taste.

Comments

ahippienamedrae 10

Allow me to give you a life lesson; NEVER ask a woman that. It usually doesn't end well.

kingdomgirl94 29

I feel like OP probably worded it as something similar to "Are you going to eat all of that?" which does seem slightly insulting.

Women don't understand women. Ladies are just too complex.

Lemme give you another life lesson: just don't talk to women about food. Ever. Under any circumstances. Whatsoever. No buts. Nope. None. Never.

No, 37. Women understand women, and they hate each other. That's one reason why men don't usually bother trying to understand women. Can't remember the comedian who said it for the life of me.

Well at least you got the steak. I mean...it would be a crime to waste it right?

This is why I can't stand girls, and I am one -_-

just because one girl is a bitch, all girls are bitches?

Putting down your own gender is not cool

So let me guess, you're a special snowflake who is sooo different from every other girl out there right?

I'm no different from most other girls, and that is exactly why I don't like most other females. I'm all the obnoxious girl hormones I can take.

I personally have always gotten along better with guys too. I have 2 older brothers and couldn't handle some of the drama girls made. Guys are just easier to understand and get along with.

Brandi Faith, I agree. I have a brother, and I get along well with him. Except for a few exceptions (my best friend is female) most of my friends are male. It just works better for me that way.

No I don't consider myself a "special snowflake", there are times when I can't even stand myself. But I grew up completely surrounded by guys, 3 brothers and my father, and a whole bunch of guy cousins. Plus, I've always been better friends with boys even at a really young age, soo....

Besides, almost every girl I know is a bitch, ****, backstabber, etc. I only know 1 or 2 who aren't...

DrownedMyFish 18

"May I have a piece of your steak?" Just come out and say it next time instead of beating around the bush.

badmandilon 19

Yeah, this idea always come after the drama, but I don't think men can always guess what will be misinterpreted. It's safer for a girl to understand that we men mean exactly what we say, we are not trying to say something different, if we do, we will say it.

In my opinion he wasn't beating around the bush, he was being polite and asking her if she was going to finish it, in which case if she replied yes he wouldn't have asked for any.

How could he have suspected she'd react like thát?!

Are you sure you want a woman this insecure? :/ She assumes things without asking you to specify yourself, throws food at you (which could destroy some fabrics, especially "nice outfits") and basically destroys your whole evening because you asked a simple question? I don't think I'd want a partner like this.

she's probably self-conscious of her weight already. just explain to her calmly that that's not what you meant.

i feel like ive seen another fml almost exactly the same

"Talk to her calmly" I don't think so... that was very rude of her,tell her that wasn't acceptable at all.

MandyT 16

Next time just ask her if she would let you have a bite

badmandilon 19

In my case it wouldn't be a next time. Being that violent for something SHE assumed is simply not acceptable.