By lextoast - 26/07/2015 18:15 - Rwanda

Today, I went on a fabulous date with a really cute, smart, funny guy. He only mentioned his dad, so when I asked about his mom, I asked if they were divorced. She'd died of breast cancer so I felt awful. Then I asked if his dad had ever remarried. His stepmom had died of cancer too. FML
I agree, your life sucks 31 797
You deserved it 2 683

Same thing different taste

Top comments

That's just bad luck. I'm sure he understands--it's not like you could have known!

Comments

Indeed, he obviously hasn't had it easy, losing two successive mothers to cancer... FHL. But on the bright side, OP got to go out with a great guy, and he doesn't sound like he'd hold this against her. Sympathy for him is good, but you weren't trying to be rude! Just focus on the fact that you met someone you truly like.

Steve97 32

Why is this fml, op asked an appropriate question. can't have predicted the reality. Have fun, if he is the right guy. Stop being so apologetic in life!!

You got stuck between a rock and a hard place there... Besides that, I hope the date went well!

I vaguely remember that from the Simpsons Movie

That's just bad luck. I'm sure he understands--it's not like you could have known!

It's really not your fault, you are just trying to get to know him, don't be too hard on yourself op

ApollosMyth 22

I don't think any understanding person would be upset with you. It may have made you uncomfortable and him a little sad, but he probably is used to explaining it and has no negative feelings towards you about it.

Don't beat yourself up over it, you couldn't have possibly known that he had lost two moms.

He deserves a sympathy lay after that. On the real though, I've never understood why people feel awkward about asking about parents who turn out to be dead unless it was recent.

Sounds like an awkward convo.... I hope he understands and everything goes well for you guys.