By Anonymous - 26/05/2010 18:03 - Canada

Today, I went into a music store to look into getting a new guitar. I picked up one that I was interested in and tried it out quietly. A sales representative approached me and asked me to "stop the noise and leave the guitars for serious customers." I've been playing for almost ten years. FML
I agree, your life sucks 37 840
You deserved it 6 012

Same thing different taste

Top comments

MollyCookies 0

Maybe he thought that all you were gonna do was just play with them and not actually buy anything? Haha always gotta think on the bright side.

Comments

shouldve went to the manager for that one, ydi it

if i werr OP id look the employee in the eyes, dead-pan stare, and shred on yhe guitar.

I hope you walked out and never buy another thing from them. Also, hope you let the management know what happened and why a serious musician won't be buying from them again.

Probably so did thousands of other people. An FML doesn't go through just one person before being submitted to the staff.

nerwende_fml 0

You should have told them to leave the job and leave it to capable people. Hope you tell everybody not to go there, see how they like that :)

tasha_caliente 0

who noes mayb u were never good and no one had the hert to tell u tht yr not good

Chances are he's just really narrow-minded.. Like if someone came into a store and started playing death metal, 99% of the people there would recognise that as noise whereas most of it actually takes quite a lot of skill to play. Just pure ignorance OP, don't worry about it, unfortunately it's way too common today :)

Sucks... Most music stores I've been in allow everyone to try the instruments, even encourage people to try them out.

Yeah, I was looking at guitars with absolutely 0 experience and no one said anything about me strumming random strings

KVKdragon 26

I hope you told the salesman that you're an expert and threatened to complain to his boss. if you do report him and other workers ask if you really are good, wow them with your expertise and get the dude in trouble. simple plan. it's usually guaranteed that you'd win since the customer is always right and the salesman was pushy towards you.