By HellaBomber91 - 11/02/2010 20:15 - United States

Today, I went in to a job interview with 6 other girls my age. I tried to sit down on a chair exactly like the ones every other girl was sitting on. Then, one of the interviewers offered to get me a more "sturdy" chair. For the entire interview, I got to sit in the "fat girl chair". FML
I agree, your life sucks 28 655
You deserved it 8 904

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Comments

Wololo 0

maybe it's time to hit the treadmill

Would have felt better if you broke the chair? YDI Hit the gym!

ravensunnyd 0

there was a kid in my art class and all the chairs were just fixed and he sat on one and it broke the janitor was pissed

You say 'was'. I am intrigued. Did the janitor kill this child for breaking the chair? This sounds more like a police issue...

Ugh. I'm sorry. But there are some people who are genetically born bigger than others. There are some people that are born with or at some point in their lives come to realize that they have a problem internally that makes them gain weight. Some people binge because of familial issues or /whatever/ it may be. Comments like 'hit the gym' or 'ydi because you're fat' are stupid and invalid. I'm sorry, OP, for the ridiculousness of the very impolite on this website. It sucks that you had to sit in a different chair. It definitely sucks. And it's not fair. I'm sure you were embarrassed the entire time you sat through the interview. Maybe you'll get the job though?

Smilzen 0

Aaand some people are just lazy, sloppy, greasy, feculent porkmuffins. I really, really wish "healthy body images" didn't include the image of a heart wrapped in a soft but deadly fist of lard. Can we please agree to stop making excuses for the obese and instead scourge them, whinnying and lowing, until either their weight is shed during desperate flight or they are driven into the sea with the rest of the blubber-bearing mammals?

@41 that was mean and uncalled for. ):

Smilzen 0

#47: It was called for and then some. Every fat kid you see in McDonald's calls for it. I don't mean to sound too vicious, and maybe my anti-fatty pogrom is a mite ambitious, but we need to stop telling people it's OK to eat everything delicious. Heh.

Smilzen 0

Wow, that was quick. Deleting comments won't make you any skinnier, admin!

I disagree 30. There are solutions for everyone. Yes people can be naturally bigger, that's not an excuse to be clinically overweight. Very very few of the obese people in our country have no control over it. And even people who fall into that category have solutions available to them.

Ajjas013 6

I agree with #64. Many, many of the people in our country that are obese are at fault of their own obesity. It's only a small percentage of people that can't control it.

well still its no reason to make people feel bad online. not saying it makes me feel bad because im not fat or overweight, but even if it is some peoples faults it shouldnt be announced like that. but thats just mee. i have nothing against the other comments and i think a majority of them are true. it just shouldnt gett thrown out there in such a mean way because some people are sensitive about that. do i have a point? haha.

iamghostbad 0

Have to agree with 30. This site seems to be full of really shallow people. "If I ever get fat, put me out of my misery" that's extremely stupid and uncalled for. I'm a big guy but hey I lost 35 pounds. Me suffering from depression gained most of it back. When you feel like garbage everday of your life and your on appetite increasing meds you'll gain weight. Before you go off telling me to suck it up or calling me "emo" I don't choose to be depressed. It's a medical issue.

How's this. "The day I get fat, I'll be tormented and shunned the same way I do to them" Thats about right.

Way to reference someone indirectly to avoid confrontation. I was a fatass and I accepted it. I was roughly 165 in sixth through eigth grade, I quit weighing at one point so I was probably heavier than that, I just didn't want to know. I may have not had depression but I had a lot of other shit things going on in my life plus excercised induced asthma, I didn't seek sympathy I did something about it. I didn't realize just how fat I was until my dad pointed it out to me and i'm thankful for that. If I want to make a comment about being fat well damn well I will, I've been there done that and that is no way to live. Had I let myself keep going as I was I may have well of needed a fat chair, Im glad someone gave me tough love and thats what a lot of other people need, not buttering up like my mom did me. "Oh your not fat honey, your just thick." Same Thing.

All right. Now that I know this I'll stop. Jeez.

thighsofglory 0

When are you going to do something about being orange?

Lol If thats all you have to say about me then I think I'm doing quite well. If it makes you feel better to point it out go ahead, I know I was too tan, didn't realize it til after the fact. Is that that what you wanted to hear? Good day, cheerio!

thinmint 0

I don't even think you look orange... good job taking control of your life! I too was overweight and did something about it. it's not easy but everyone has it in them!

LTMcleod 0

use that depression as a drive to loose weight, it's possible to loose the weight. do you use fml to feel better about your own life? use that to push you, the gym gives major self confidence, I can tell your not giving it your 100% if your busy posting on a website. GO DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT. I'm sick of obeese people ******* complaining, maybe it's your life style!!

iknowthatguy 0

That is unfortunate. hopefully you get the job.

XxpootieXx 0
KurouTenshi 0

That's kind of a dick move for them to point out your weight by offering a "sturdy" chair, but maybe you should exercise some and lose the weight. I mean, sure girl waiters get more tips than boys; but it helps best if you're actually attractive. LOL

Actually the interviewer was looking out for the company, if she had busted the chair and got hurt it would have been a liability. Something similar happened to a company I did business with and it cost them. They should have a big enough chair so most people can sit without further accomodation in an interview room, that is a FAIL on the company. If the OP is so obese that she is in the habit of pre-testing furniture she needs to work on self and not work on self pity, there are plenty of bleeding hearts to do that for her. Enablers I like to call them.

"Enablers"? Hi Dr Phil! Didn't know you hang out here or that you look like a dog...

Kimi_kobayashi 0

If you are actually morbidly obese than maybe this will motivate you to lose weight, but if you are just curvy or slightly on the heavy side, then please don't take the "sturdier chair" thing to heart, some people can be really mean and just because someone is slightly heavier/rounder doesn't necessarily make them "unhealthy"

you know what it was missing??? a whoopee cushion.

p3rfect_ins4nity 0

that's what u get for eating at mcdonalds

cam007_fml 0

Is that Master Chief drinking coffee?

obviously shouldve went to burger king... =]