By kaichennnxx - 17/03/2009 02:09 - United States

Today, I was with my grandma waiting in a line. She only speaks Chinese and there was a black man in front of us talking his phone. My grandma tells me that the black man's really loud and annoying. The man finishes and turns and said fluently in Chinese, "What's wrong with loud black men?" FML
I agree, your life sucks 60 247
You deserved it 31 949

Same thing different taste

Top comments

wow hardly anyone can speak chinese fluently nowadays.

You know it sounds like Mr. Black man was more annoyed by the fact that granma specifically mentioned that he was black. My grandma doesnt speak English either and she would have said the exact same thing. Has anyone seen that "Professor Badass" picture that floats around the net? Thats the picture I have in my mind for this guy.

Comments

@17, @53; it's been mentioned several times prior, but it's generally easiest to just say "oh, i speak chinese" when talking to most people, then further specify if they ask. a lot of people don't care beyond that or even know the difference... OP prolly phrased it that way as most FML readers aren't going be like "OHLOL UR FAEK COS U SAY CHINESE NT MANDRIN"

#4 except for the most populated country in the world? lol. #53 I'm Chinese, I call it Chinese, I live in a heavily Chinese populated area (over 88% woohoo), I can speak very fluently in Chinese, so stop trying to be everyone's voice, kthx. Btw, I see you haven't quite gotten the hang of English yet? : ) haha OP that sucks, my grandmother does things like that all the time! XDD;; Just brush it off and apologize to the guy for her.

...anyone ever see the movie Crash? Watch it.. =] ....and 56... LOL. Thanks for, uh, looking out for us, though.

Is no one going to support the old lady? Talking really loud on a mobile phone waiting in a queue is exceedingly rude.

thebigO_fml 0

Ha ha. I love it when that happens. That's the exact reason I've started learning different languages. :)

paperplanes92 0

#10 u dipshit. having him be educated doesnt mean he wouldnt be pissed off because she said something that offended him, that being said, i dont think that having someone point out your race is rude, learning not to talk about race is what makes this country so racist.

What's with the racist comments? It's not racist to describe the colour of a man's skin, just to discriminate against him for it. As far as I can tell, she was annoyed with his behaviour, not his skin colour. And if you only speak one language, who is to say you would or would not have said the same thing in English, if you could? Some cultures are simply more blunt than others.

Occam 0

That guy is literally the greatest.