By ImNotFat - 07/08/2013 06:04 - United States - Havertown

Today, I was video chatting with my boyfriend and his friends. When I stood up, he told his friend "See, she's not a twig!" I jokingly replied with, "So I'm fat?" After a few seconds of silence, his friend yelled, "It's a trap!" and left the chat. FML
I agree, your life sucks 48 836
You deserved it 15 513

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Lennes 12

To be fair, discussing a girls weight is like having a parade through a mine field.

No OP, you're at the sweet spot between twig and fat... *takes cover just in case*

Comments

Even tho you "jokingly" said it... You seemed to be waiting for your boyfriend and his friends to compliment your figure. The friend was right to leave that situation.

Been here, done this. If he was quick witted and knew how to keep a girl happy he'd say something like: "No you aren't fat, but you aren't a straw either. You are perfect."

Your boyfriend is friends with Admiral Akbar?!

Goblin182 26

The best way to handle a woman asking your opinion of her weight is to shut your mouth, get up, walk out, drive to the nearest florist.

What or who people identify as fat could easily be considered relative in my books. Your boyfriend certainly doesn't think so and that's all that should matter to you really.

Ins0mau 20

So? You jokingly asked if you were fat. Your boyfriend's friend came back with a pretty hilarious reply to be honest. I'm sure he was just playing along and not serious.

I don't understand what's so bad here? It's a perfect moment to reference