By Foreveralone - 22/07/2016 08:54 - United States - Hartford

Today, I was told I'm not invited to my best friend's birthday party. Apparently, being divorced and childless doesn't "mesh" well with the rest of the group. My parents are still watching her kids so she can go away for the weekend. FML
I agree, your life sucks 13 092
You deserved it 890

Same thing different taste

Top comments

If that was your best friend that told you, you should find another friend.

I guess she doesn't see you as a best friend. Sorry OP, you (and your family, as it seems that they seem fairly involved in her life) deserve better.

Comments

I know it hurts, but the longest friendships can sometimes morph into 'sorry can't see you or hang out with you but can you do this/I need this'. Sit down and have a calm talk with her about this-don't go in guns blazing though or you'll both probably say some regretful things. There are many ways it can go, but please don't just accept that kind of behavior.

why do you even need such 'best friend' in your life?

In the wise words of Young Dro, "FDB!"

A friend of mine once had a "best friend" like that. Even though my friend and I wasn't that close it still hurt to watch her go through bullshit like that over and over again. So I'm going to say what I used to be too polite to say back then: TELL THAT MANIPULATING, USELESS PIECE OF SHIT BITCH WHO CALLS HERSELF YOUR FRIEND TO **** OFF!

So the friend who is not childless is taking advantage of the childless friend's parents, so that she can at least temporarily be childless, is not just a little ironic. I would say that the parents take back the kids to the mom and say that they're sorry, but they are no longer able to provide childcare. And that would be the end of that relationship.

**** her. tell her kids something about her she wouldn't ever want them to know, put stinkbom in all her closets, and poo on her bed... or just don't take her calls anymore

In case you haven't figured it out, she's not your friend.

Your best friends a B! and you definitely need a new group of friends including a new best friend.

**** them. they are not real friends. true friends dont do that.