By JennyAndrews - 05/12/2009 08:44 - United Arab Emirates

Today, I was texting this cute guy that I like. After a couple of minutes I get a missed call from him, I call back and his girlfriend answers and says "Hi this is his girlfriend, please stop calling him". FML
I agree, your life sucks 15 167
You deserved it 31 102

Same thing different taste

Top comments

sdcrazy1018 0

Makes you wonder if you were texting her the entire time :o

Sargasm 4

Makes you wonder if the "cute guy", wanting you to stop contacting him, asked one of his lady friends to pick up the phone.

Comments

sdcrazy1018 0

Makes you wonder if you were texting her the entire time :o

The gf didn't say you couldn't *text* him—you're in the clear!!

Someone didn't do their background check on relationship status!

makes you wonder why you would be texting a guy with a girlfriend

Makes you wonder what kind of world we live in where we can't talk to people with sweethearts.

v1kt4r 13

In her defence you can have up to 4 wives in dubai,

capthavoc123 0

From the FML: "texting this cute guy that I like" She wasn't texting him just to make conversation.

sarcdude 3

@Grapefruit: I don't doubt it, a lot of the girls I talk to don't give their phone numbers out to boys that their boyfriend doesn't know, or not to any boys at all.

If you like someone, you want to talk to them regardless of whether you CURRENTLY have a chance with them, because you like them. Is this not obvious? And tell the gf to not be such a jealous bitch. If she's worried about him leaving, she should be a better girlfriend, not try to make other girls look worse.

tell the girlfriend that he called you and to stop being such a bitch before you slice her ******* off.

It's quite possible that she called her...not the boyfriend. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if that IS what happened.

v1kt4r 13

Look on the bright side you live in Dubai

Exactly, where the police cars are Lambos!

Maccaroney 11

Well i loved it. No matter what the downvotes say.

Sargasm 4

Makes you wonder if the "cute guy", wanting you to stop contacting him, asked one of his lady friends to pick up the phone.

I was thinking that exactly. Did he ever answer any of your texts or was it just you running on and on

Yes but the cute guy's number called OP, so it makes me wonder who wouldve been on the other line if OP answered.....

What I wonder is why he didn't give more of an indication earlier, himself. A couple of terse responses or ignoring her texts would have gotten the point across. Or an easy inclusion of his relationship status like "I'm meeting my girlfriend for dinner now, talk to you later." Sounds like an FYL to me, OP. Sorry! He could have handled that better.

analltimelow 0

lol at #8 bet she didnt think of that till you said... fyl sweetieeee.

Gee, YDI? You don't think the girlfriend has a point? I do.

YDI for not knowing your crush well enough to know that he's already taken.