By bubbles - 12/10/2009 05:36 - United States

Today, I was taking a bubble bath, and had my iPod touch on the side of my bathtub so I could listen to my music. My dog walked up to the side of the tub, looked me in the eye, and nudged my iPod into the water. FML
I agree, your life sucks 14 997
You deserved it 55 682

Same thing different taste

Top comments

semmita 0
busdrivertohell 0

I believe without all this technology, all these poor people would have to be stuck listening to their own thoughts. Where would the world be?

Comments

Intellectualist 0

I do this all the time... But, I'm not the kind of weirdo who takes a bath with my dog.

Antivirus_fml 0

Who the **** listens to music while taking a bath? A**holes perhaps?

Intellectualist 0

I had to re-read it a time or two, but the dog came from outside the tub. I was wondering how a dog in a tub would nudge and iPod in. Also, I've never had a dog who would sit in a bathtub. My experience is that if you have a dog in a bathtub, having music to listen to is the least of your worries!

Simple solution: if you keep your ipod around water, buy a waterproof case.

fmlfmlfml15 0

"...and had my iPod on the side of my bathtub" Y-to-the-damn-D-I.

Erm, #27... I'd assume people listen to music while bathing to, what's the word...? Oh, relax.

americayay 0

People on this site are so rude sometimes. I understand being rude to the OP. They willingly shared a story about something stupid they did, but other posters? Really?

THIS IPOD CAN BE SAVED!! -Do not try to turn it on - Stick it in a bag of rice -Leave it for 6-10 days -The rice will absorb the water, and your iPod should be fine.

the_stereotype 0

does no one on here lock the bathroom? or just any doors in general? so many posts about someone walking in on something embarrassing or a pet coming into the bathroom. if you don't want them in there, lock the door. that's why they made them. and OP, if it was that important, you should have gotten a case.

dudeitsdanny 9

I'm pretty sure you don't even have to lock them. Just close the door, at least. Unless your dog can open closed doors, that's all you need to do. Now, if you dog can open doors, comes in when the door is closed, looks you in the eye, and pushes the iPod into the tub... You should worry about what you're doing to him to make him hate you.

Probably should get one of those ipod docks and put it in a safe place so you can listen while you take a bath ._.

my dog can open doors if they are even slightly open(headbuts them) so maybe that happened to him OR he takes bathes with his dog(which would be sort of weird but anyway)!

My Nan's dog can open the back door in her house.. I think the OP should invest in closable doors.. Maybe doorknobs if the dog is such a genius

... and this is why the make those cheap radios that stick to bathroom walls

death_b4_disco 0

#27 I do! though I leave my itouch on the counter next to the sink instead so it won't fall in. OP, ydi for keeping it near the bath and for letting your dog see you naked, it was probably his/ her payback.

ChronicFAIL 0

I would punch my dog in, and around the facial area for committing such a heinous crime. >:/

Zhejan 0

More like a canine crime, am I right?

ChronicFAIL 0

Umm heinous isn't any kind of species so I don't see the logic in correcting me with canine.. **** McGruff. :D

amazingkate 0

I honestly can't tell if you're agreeing with him or disagreeing with him by suggesting that the name is apt.

IKickKittens 0

my question is what song was playing that the dog hated it so much to make the bad noises go away?

I would slice your throat open if you did that.

semmita 0
SilenceIsSilver 0

Not just smart, that's like, the cutest FML I've read so far xD

katsteak 0

When you look me in the eyes.....

busdrivertohell 0

I believe without all this technology, all these poor people would have to be stuck listening to their own thoughts. Where would the world be?

Amysbodybetrayal 0

I used to listen to music in the bathtub when I was younger. It took a lot more effort though, I had to drag the radio (or was it called a boombox? I can't remember) into the bathroom and try to find a plug that wasn't already used. It wasn't something I did too often.

MEAT_CURTAINS 5

Maybe the dog has a different taste in music

It really doesn't have anything to do with technology. People have been listening to radios in their bathrooms during showers and baths forever, my grandma had a little radio she listened to during her showers and then a little tv she turned on in the bathroom when she was getting ready so she could watch/listen to the news.

tiancai 0

YDI how retarded does one have to be to put yourself in such a situation (same applies to those who spill drinks/liquids on their laptops). There is a saying "a fool learns from his own mistakes, a wise man learns from the mistakes of others". Similar things happened to my friends, so I religiously avoid any liquids near my electronics.

moonlight_daze 8

Ok, now.. This was just an accident waiting to happen.

DoomJeff91 2

wow I love my new iPod. hm I need a bath, I know! I'll put my iPod right next to the water! that's a great idea

Intellectualist 0

Actually, I do it all the time, put it on a non slip bit of rubber matting, and it won't slip in. It's handy with it's built in speakers.

I bring my phone in with me while I'm bathing, I bring sandwiches, tons of things. Nothing is more enjoyable than eating while soaking. :P

amatayo 0

Your dog was trying to kill you. But it's a dog so it stupidly used and itouch. Watch your step because that's a warning shot.