By Kira - 24/04/2015 17:09 - Canada - Halifax

Today, I was spending some time alone out in the countryside, when I glanced at my boot. I saw a snake, screamed, ran like hell for my car, tripped over my own feet, and smashed my kneecaps. Upon further inspection, I realized the "snake" was my loose shoelace. FML
I agree, your life sucks 24 911
You deserved it 13 562

Same thing different taste

Top comments

So there was not, in fact, a snake in your boot?

How messed up do shoelaces have to be to look like a snake?

Comments

lexiieeex3 32

Shoelaces are rather skinny to be a snake, no?

Well, the snakes in Nova Scotia are pretty small, some are only as big around as your pinky finger or so... And maybe OP's boots had slightly thicker laces than your average sneaker. I could see it happening. The part I don't get is being that scared of a snake that small and completely harmless...

cottoncandymango 17

I was just about to get excited at the fact that there may have been a snake in your boot (because Toy Story), but nope. That damn shoelace of yours!

If you ran like hell hounds were after you because of what you thought was a shoelace-sized snake, what the hell are you doing out in the country?!

Dean disapproves of OP's cowardice, hell hounds are actually scary shit.

You're in Nova Scotia. Snakes aren't exactly terrifying in the Maritimes.

You're totally right. I understand that a lot of people are afraid of snakes, but none of the snakes here in Nova Scotia are remotely dangerous so it's really not worth risking injury running to avoid one. If it was somewhere that had rattlers or anacondas I'd get it, but garter snakes are tiny, non venomous, and quite shy. They're not going to attack, they're going to avoid you. OP could have just stayed put and all the snake would have done would be to continue on its way to safety.

Phobias aren't exactly rational. I've never been stung and don't think I'm allergic, yet I freeze up any time a bee or wasp flies by.

That is very true... If OP has a phobia of snakes then their reaction would make perfect sense. Wasn't thinking of phobias when I posted my previous comment...

91hayek 31

Should have gone to ssssssspecsssssssaverssssssss.

no more shoelaces for you. may I suggest the sneakers with the velcro?

Aspen_Grace33 27

There's a snake in my b.... Oh wait, false alarm!!!