By annoyed - 20/02/2013 20:33 - United States - Paradise Valley

Today, I was so exhausted that I slept through my phone ringing, and later my doorbell ringing. My psycho mom freaked out, and thinking I was in trouble, broke a window to get inside. This all happened before 7 a.m. FML
I agree, your life sucks 37 186
You deserved it 2 761

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Who the hell does these sorts of things? That's one crazy mother you've got OP! Make sure you give her the bill for replacing the window while you're at it.

The good news is your mom really cares about you. The bad news, you're right, she's pyscho.

Comments

Isa_fml 20

Move to a different city. It worked for me.

OP, try to set boundaries, if she's entirely nuts just move somewhere else.

Reinforced doors + reinforced windows + soundproofing.

My mom is very similar. She would call at 7:30 and ask if I was sleeping. OF COURSE! So then she'd ask me to call her when I'm "up and about." 30 minutes later she'd call again... We had a little talk, and she texts now. She knows not to even bother before 9 or 10am. She's mentioned being close to sending an officer by to check on things before, so I try to keep in touch best I can for her peace of mind. Talk to your mom!

you're on your own now. she needs to get over it.

Never! Some mothers can't let go, or have difficulty doing so. At least you know she cares.

it used to bother me, but now that I'm a mom I totally understand.

spliit_fml 8

She was just worried after all you are her child . Mothers will do anything to protect their kids. Be thankful that she cares about you.

NO. You do not reinforce behaviours like that by virtue of her being related to you. Would you say that if it was OP's dad? Or drunken Uncle Larry? No. This is a problem sort of behaviour, most likely resulting from an undiagnosed neuroses, and it needs addressing.

No that's going a little over the line! There's a difference between protecting your children, being over protective, and just being psycho about it. If OP's mom was expecting a call or had plans that early with OP and couldn't get ahold of them I could understand the concern, not smashing a window though, but otherwise mom needs to knock the psycho off!

Unless you have a very serious medical problem, or you mom has a real emergency, this is nuts. Set some boundaries with her, with the bill for the window as incentive.

I understand that your mom is worried about you as mothers should be, but there's a limit to how paranoid she should get. Hopefully, this was a once in a lifetime occurrence, otherwise you really need to tell your mom to relax.

TheyCallMeDamien 17

Well at least you know she loves you.

Jaszzie 6