By Skier - 29/01/2010 02:01 - Canada

Today, I was skiing really fast and there was a sign saying 'Slow Down'. Feeling rather good about myself I decided to jump over the sign. Whilst jumping, however, I caught my ski tips on the sign and went face first into the ground. Hard. FML
I agree, your life sucks 6 231
You deserved it 55 525

Same thing different taste

Top comments

And this, children, is how natural selection works! This person will now develop a fatal brain defect that will prevent them from breeding and thus helping to thin the herd of the weak and the stupid!

YDI. Idiots like you are the ones we end up having to call for ambulances for at the ski hill I work at. Stop being a show-off and do what the sign says. They're there to keep you and others safe and also for liability.

Comments

viper63 0

it could be worse you could of hit your nuts on the sighn

this is fake. there is no slow sign that you can jump. they are always on the side or on the peak of an incline. aka: not possible to jump. and they are only on the greens, which are always slow for ski schools anyways.

It is possible. It just depends were you are skiing. I'm not sure about BC. But here in Alberta we have short 'slow' signs for certain events that we put out so that everyone can see them. They would be possible to jump.

There is no international standard for slow signs. They can be anywhere the ski resort decides to put them. They're often on blues as well, especially near the bottom of the hill where several trails merge. For example, Demon, a blue trail at Purgatory has several "slow" signs on it since multiple trails put you on that eventually, and while most of those would be quite difficult to jump, the "no jumping" sign on the same trail would be easy to jump.

My mountain has quite a few at the bottoms of our diamonds/ doubleD's because they intersect with greens and we don't want the riders/skiers plowing over our children.

tb15 0

Careful, I called fake once and I got moderated for it.

I'm not entirely sure about Seymour, Grouse and Cypress, but at Whistler, the SLOW DOWN signs are around mid waist to cheat high (I'm 5'10") soo yeah xD dunno about the non lower mainland mountains like Big White, Hemlock, Sun Peaks, etc

Signs aren't up for decorations.....

mcfaily 0

Fake. There's no snow in BC right now!

Ski slopes make snow - it's why they have those big metal poles they call "snowmakers". You don't need natural snow to go skiing. Think before you speak.

You just moved up on the list of "People Likely To Suffer Death By Misadventure" Congratulations!

You sure showed that sign. I too enjoy rebelling against signs, especially those "one way" signs. Driving in the opposite direction lets the sign know whos boss. ps. IM ON A BOAT!

littlelemur 2

I like the thinly veiled facetiousness of this comment...

"feeling rather good about myself" is where stopped reading. lol