By NotDrunk - 04/04/2015 00:42 - United States - San Antonio

Today, I was pulled over by a policeman. He thought I was drunk, after doing the "walk in a straight line" test and the "finger-to-nose" test. It wasn't until after I got a fine that I got it through to him that I have cerebellar ataxia, and that I wasn't drunk. FML
I agree, your life sucks 31 021
You deserved it 2 606

Same thing different taste

Top comments

You should definitely be able to appeal the fine, especially if he gave it to you without a breathalyzer test as concrete proof

askullnamedbilly 33

Sorry if that's a stupid question, but how are you even allowed to drive a car with a condition that affects your coordination and balance? That doesn't sound safe at all.

Comments

catanita 18

You are still allowed to drive?

The cop was just doing his job, so kudos to him. If your driving is bad enough to warrant a cop to pull you for a suspected drunk driving maybe you should consider the safety of others on the road and stop driving. You could kill someone!

No, he wasn't. What he should have done is let op take a breathalizer test and even those are not 100% accurate. Over here (in the Netherlands) they aren't even allowed to give you a ticket on the breathalizer test alone (I mean the small mobile ones), they have to take you back to the station to do one on a calibrated device.

you were pulled over for some reason... you were put through FSTs for most likely the same reason. If you cannot operate a motor vehicle safely than you can still be cited for attempting -- and failing -- to.

kittykat1501 31

What does that condition do?

If you have a disease that damages extremity control, how can you drive a car?