By justin Bieber - 15/06/2015 14:49 - United States - Westland

Today, I was on a boat and I thought I saw a towel fly off, but it was actually my fricken dog. FML
I agree, your life sucks 35 187
You deserved it 5 498

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Comments

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway
friedpwnadge 25

Amazing the amount of stupidity present in this thread. Hopefully OP's dog didn't jump off on its own because then it would be an idiot. If the boat was going fast it might have gotten tossed around.

@15 chill the **** out and worry about the problem at hands.

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway

Look, I'm a huge animal lover planning to be a vet. If we knew the gender then maybe your concern would be valid but considering we don't, it's not. Most people refer to an animal as an it if they don't know the gender. If they automatically said he would you jump down their throat for being 'sexist' assuming it was a he too?

#35, Please explain to me how you know the sex of that dog, and how miraculously calling something an 'it' is insulting it and not just using the word for the lack of a better term.

mds9986 24

45 - that is actually incorrect. If you don't know the gender or aren't being specific to a gender you use "he or she." That's the grammatically correct way to do it. Look it up. If you don't believe me "It" refers to a gender less object.

next pet I get, regardless of gender, will be named "It," because of this entire conversation.

#59 While you are correct that saying he or a she is grammatically correct, that is some SAT level grammar shit. To be honest, I think t's okay to be grammatically incorrect if it makes more sense. Saying "the rat the cat the dog chased killed ate the malt" is grammatically correct, but it doesn't seem like it makes sense. It means that the rat ate the malt, was killed by a cat, and then the cat was chased by a dog. Now that makes more sense. Like the Beatles said "she may be a lover but she ain't no dancer." I'm not going to correct the Beatles on their grammar; that song is amazing as **** and I know what they mean.

Look I'm a huge animal person but it's really not an issue. No one knows the gender of the dog. It's not degrading in anyway just like when your pregnant and go ' I wonder if IT'S a boy or a girl'. Literally what you've said makes no sense whatsoever. I wonder if it's a male or female dog. Same shit.

Ok then #35. Holy shit, was the beautiful magnificent fabulous beast sent from heaven ok??? Is that better?

I can't believe that this is actually a conversation right now

#91 This is the internet. Everything is a conversation. From a dog being called an "it", spaghetti as shoelaces, to masturbating dinosaurs.

mds9986 24

66 - saying "he or she" doesn't make any less sense than "it." That's entirely irrelevant. Simply giving somebody knowledge on something that is wrong isn't a bad thing. It's funny people will down vote and pretend they were insulted instead of just saying "hey, I learned something new."

@118, no one appreciates pedantic grammar lessons of dubious value. Not even on the internet.

20bricks 28

I'm guessing now he's a sea dog.

Probably..... Lots of countries call it a sea dog, and he was trying to be funny. Wouldn't have worked if he had said seal (not saying it worked in the first place).

Flew off or jumped? My dog loves to try and jump off the boat whenever we take her out

Yeah I thought it meant jumped... Hope it meant jumped.

Well, with a nickname like that, I'm pretty sure the dog jumped to get the hell away. And now I guess the Beliebers are going to have my chops for breakfast. Sorry, peeps.

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway

Why is this being down voted? It is completely true.

Cause I was late to say it . Welcome to the fickle mob that is fml society . Don't worry I'll only lose a few days of sleep over it .

There there, the awesome FML community fixed it. Sweet dreams!

i honestly think that's even more cause for worry. is he alright?

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway
RenoTheRhino 30

These comments remind me of a Jim Gaffigan show in which the topic is ASPCA, and Gaffigan, imitating the dogs, says, "Calm down, Sarah McLaughlin. We are just dogs."

That's not how you get your dog to waterski!

Oh my god I read it wrong! I thought it meant just jumped out into the water. Hope your dog is OK though.

Psycho_Babydoll 26