By johnsj8 - 17/03/2011 15:11

Today, I was moving to the city with all my belongings when the trailer came unhitched, breaking the chains on my dad's homemade trailer. I then watched as the trailer narrowly missed a guardrail, went down a hill and into a river. My dad still won't admit he didn't latch the hitch. FML
I agree, your life sucks 34 248
You deserved it 4 385

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Decodedman 1

That sucks. Next time, when its your shit on the line, check the line.

ulicksam 0

OP, you're driving. It's your responsibility to check it. You're not living with mommy and daddy anymore. Time to take responsibility for yourself.

Comments

This sounds like it would be hilarious to watch.(: but I'm sorry op, that's horrible.): your dad is so dumb. He is really dumb. Fo' real.

As #9 said, and legally, it is up to the driver to make sure his cargo is safely secured.

Angi95 3

Okay first off homemade trailer does not sound like a good idea. Also you need a trailer for all your crap? If I were you I would have just rented a trailer to me that's more trustworthy.

cptmorgan15 2

All your belongings: $2000. Your dads homemade trailer: $67. The feeling you had after watching all your belongings roll into a river, thinking to yourself "I wish I rented a Uhaul.": Priceless.

RideLifeAway 0

That's why you always check the hitch yourself before you take off. Sucks it happened but if you thinkits cause the hitch wasnt correctly hooked then its kind of your fault, I always double check myself that the hitch is latched, the lights/brakes are plugged in ( guessing yours didnt have trailer brakes anyway though) and make sure that the door it latched as well. Even if Im not the one driving.

TheDrifter 23

Being a homemade trailer it may have been latched when they left. A transport device for all your worldly possessions is no place to save a little cash op.

testthecoal 5

Today, I was dumb enough not to double check that my dad's "home-made" trailer was properly latched before I drove over hilly terrain and as all my worldly possessions invariably rolled into a river I realized that I'm STILL the smartest person in my family, FML

Zombies_eat_Nath 0

ouch.. -starts singing- he's a troll, he's a troll, he's a troll troll troll.....

MfailK 0

All of this could have been prevented had your dad used enough duck tape.

rabbit_is_crazy 0

as the driver of a vehicle, it is your job to do a 360 inspection of said vehicle before moving. life's rough