By Wellfu - 02/04/2015 14:48 - Europe

Today, I was let go from my internship for "not putting in enough effort". I was working 50 hours a week for almost zero pay. FML
I agree, your life sucks 34 065
You deserved it 2 715

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Hunthas 17

With that dedication they will be working for you someday! Hope you at least got some experience out of it!

Comments

WasabiG 11

Whoever fired you is a ****

On your last day (if it hasn't come yet) tell everybody how you feel about that.

Kaalschneid 21

...showing up and staying doesn't mean anything.

Hours worked has nothing to do with effort. You could be at work 80 hours a week, but if you don't put effort into it, you're just tKing up space and wasting air.

Obviously the perception they have is that you're not putting in enough effort. Your attitude towards working 50 hours with no pay (as mentioned) may be a driving factor for the effort you are putting in towards the job. I know people who "work" 80 hours a week and only put in minimal effort. Then there are those who put in 30 hours max effort and outshines those doing 80 hours. So ask yourself, is the 50 hours I work necessary and am I putting enough effort into the job? Or are you too hung up about the pay and would rather work 50 hours with minimal effort because of it?

Working long hours doesn't mean you're working hard and putting in 100% effort.