By Wellfu - 02/04/2015 14:48 - Europe

Today, I was let go from my internship for "not putting in enough effort". I was working 50 hours a week for almost zero pay. FML
I agree, your life sucks 34 065
You deserved it 2 715

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Hunthas 17

With that dedication they will be working for you someday! Hope you at least got some experience out of it!

Comments

Everyone's logic here is flawless. So if I work 50 hours a week but do nothing but sit on my ass, they can't fire me because of how hard I'm working, right?

Lucky escape - hopefully they won't be able to find anyone else that desperate for experience, and actually have to pay someone.

Just find a job that has less hours and more pay. You've worked enough at that hell hole

I know how that feels OP. People treat interns like they are slaves

I have worked with people who show up to work and that is the biggest accomplishment they achieve that day.

Challenge that bullshit! I hope you didn't leave quietly!

Maybe they were just taking advantage of you. Made you work and when it's done, made you leave.

Maybe they were just taking advantage of you. Made you work and made you leave when the job is done.

I don't know what the rules are in Europe but in Canada there's is a limit on the number of weeks you are allowed to be an "intern" after which the company has to promote you and offer full pay and benefits. Its very common here for employers to hire interns for exactly that many weeks and end the internship then bring in a new intern. Maybe your country has the same rules but employers are less honest about it and this is how they get around it.

Almost no pay ? I thought u don't get paid