By horniness - 10/10/2009 16:30 - Hong Kong

Today, I was in a bad mood after being stuck in traffic for 2 hours and late for work. I was walking to my building when I saw a 100 dollar note flying my way. A man called after me for it, but being selfish I took the note in my pocket as a little reward. That man was my boss. Yes, I'm fired. FML
I agree, your life sucks 9 038
You deserved it 74 929

Same thing different taste

Comments

clockworkrainbow 3

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway
always_sunny 0

Stealing from your boss IS a valid reason for being fired. So is being late.

clockworkrainbow 3

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway

obviously his boss HAD just lost it, or else how would he have been able to call the OP for it? But by how you see it, if you drop your wallet on the street and you're standing right next to it, it's all fair game, right? .......no sympathy for the OP

Not sure what world you live in, but stealing from your boss, whether it is on company property not is a completely legal, and morally valid reason for firing someone. Actually, many employers have morality clauses in their contracts that allow them to terminate you for behaviour like this even if it is done outside of work.

Not just stealing from your boss, but stealing, period. The OP was seen to commit theft by a superior. The OP deserved to be fired for committing said theft. That the theft was of the superior's property makes it worse, not better. It's beyond me why someone would not only steal $100 that they clearly do not have the right to have and in clear view of the rightful owner, but why they would then come brag about it on a site like this.

Opinions are good, but the laws are PROBABLY different in Hong Kong, you know. ;)

bugmenotmofo 34

Karma's a bitch, bro! :) As a little reward for what exactly did you take the note? For being an asshole?

supercu96 0

#18 youre a dick and OP you're an ass. Finders Keepers doesn't work that way.

You're lucky you just got fired, OP. if I was in your boss' position, I would've kicked your ass within an inch of your life and left you there to die. Seriously, go kill yourself right now, because i'm sure we'd all be better off without you.

worlds123dumbest 4

Obviously OP was wrong in what he did. But to say for someone to go kill themselves? That's taking it too far.

YDI for stealing. It's no more of a "reward" than if you outright robbed someone.

wow you obviously deserved it. your dumb for doing some thing like that.

Good reward. That money will pay for what, a day of work or so?