By adjk90 - 16/12/2010 17:06 - United States

Today, I was helping a customer when she asked if we were open on Christmas eve. I wasn't sure, so I asked my manager. My manager looked me over and said, "Yes, we will be open. Thank you for volunteering to come in." FML
I agree, your life sucks 33 649
You deserved it 4 287

Same thing different taste

Top comments

That's when you say "I was asking for a customer, I can't work that day, sorry".

Comments

fakeaccountX 6

Oh boo hoo. Suck it up, Buttercup.

yeah then you wouldn't have a job. seems like kids are little bitches nowadays and ******* quit when things get the slightest bit hard. i worked christmas last year, and I'll work Chrismas eve this year. get over it bitches.

C6Racer 0

I worked through the holidays completely for 3 years in a row once.

SoundnVasion 0

I did that once, but I was eight and I had to swim up river both ways and I only made enough to feed my 9 siblings once a day and I was fighting a war at the same time. How does that make you feel?

idk how dat makes op feel but It sure as he'll makes mi feel like you're bullshiting

quit? job? she said shed say 'peace out trout' if she were in the situation of 'volunteering' & I almost forgot; bitches. since that seems appropriate to say. bitches. okay I'm done. bitches. I win.

boyguydudemalema 0

:) Tiffany understands! and 'kids' these days? I'm 23. I've been working since I was 16.

That's when you say "I was asking for a customer, I can't work that day, sorry".

yea and I bet it won't be bad too coz I'm pretty sure the store you're working at will be closing early.

OR, you say, "Yeah, I'll do it, but I'm off by 3:00 on the 31st and I have the whole day off on the 1st."

At my old job, we were required to work Christmas Eve, and many of my friends' jobs required them to work on Christmas Eve. It's not even really a holiday. Try to work early if you can, and it's even less of a holiday. Suck it up; at least you have a job. And if you have a set schedule and don't work Fridays, say you can't. If you don't have a set schedule or you normally work Fridays but don't want to work Christmas Eve, you should have given two weeks' notice that you couldn't work.

blkandredenvy 0

I have 2 jobs. as an accountant, my boss promotes giving us the holidays off. my second job on the other hand rapes our holidays. I am also a server at a ski resort and I am working both Christmas eve, Christmas, new years eve, and new years day. it will be a fabulous hell week. So what I have to say to ur fml is rip the hairs off ur balls and man up. even if ur a girl

afroninjashuffle 0

sorry OP look on the bright side, at least it's not Christmas day.

perdix 29

9.8% of Americans (officially) are crying for you because your jobs sucks and theirs . . . wait, they don't have one!

Did you know that 90% of all statistics are act.. Oh, wait, this is official!

If he's mentioning an unemployment rate, then it isn't totally a statistic I think. :X

perdix 29

Oh, it's a statistic, and I say it is "official" sarcastically, because many more Americans are out of work or are underemployed than the official rate says. At this point in time, bosses can bone employees with impunity and the worker bees will just have to suck it up until the job market improves -- then they can stick it to the bosses!

Because you can't feel upset or downtrodden about anything. You are not allowed to.

zp5 4

You couldn't have just said it was a customer who wanted to know and not you?

This is what you get for not sleeping with your boss.

I'd be happy to work the whole Christmas period. Gets me away from having to cope with the whole stupid palaver at home with presents and relatives and crackers and baubles and mother****ing cranberry sauce.

Hm, I guess that's OK. It's gonna cost you though!

I don't see what the big deal is, christmas eve isn't even a holiday. There's only one girl not coming to work on christmas eve at my job.

dracov1948 0

what an @$$hole! that sucks, you should tell him to go f*ck himself and that you have plans already

And risk the loss of OP's job? Yeah, that's a really smart move, idiot.