By adjk90 - 16/12/2010 17:06 - United States

Today, I was helping a customer when she asked if we were open on Christmas eve. I wasn't sure, so I asked my manager. My manager looked me over and said, "Yes, we will be open. Thank you for volunteering to come in." FML
I agree, your life sucks 33 644
You deserved it 4 281

Same thing different taste

Top comments

That's when you say "I was asking for a customer, I can't work that day, sorry".

Comments

Korro 8

your boss is kind of a dink hu?

Hey, I have to work on Christmas Eve. No sympathy for you! And like others have said, it's not a holiday.

anahlicious 10

My work is closed Christmas eve...so I get to stay home and chill =D

cheeksMcgeeks 3

Being paid to go to a job on a day that isn't a holiday? What kind of brickcrapping society do we live in?

thirdtesticle 0

Quit your bitching! I have duty Christmas Eve (24 hours spent on my ship) and my sister is coming to Washinton State from Pennsylvania to visit. I havenmt seen her in half a year. I'm just glad I get to spend Christmas with her. Man up and stop whining!

cheeksMcgeeks 3

Hahaha... I'm pretty sure everyone and their mother has to work on christmas eve.. Try reading my comment again.

Thank You for serving! We are Navy stationed in WA too...I know what you sacrifice...Happy Holidays to you and your sister!

I was just replying to the FML. I can't post a comment on the post unless I reply to another comment. I was telling the OP to suck it up.

littlejellybeans 3

Just because it's not a holiday for Americans, doesn't mean it's not for other people...in many Hispanic cultures, Christmas Eve is a bigger deal than Christmas day. Not to mention for some American families' traditions. Not saying saying that shouldn't be grateful for their job, but don't be judgmental.

y didn't u just let the customer ask the manager, that way u could've avoided getting involved nd u wouldn't of had to worry about your boss doing that to you, its all about thinking 3 steps ahead

what is the big deal?! do u have a big celebration or something he is ut boss and u should be grateful he didn't say Christmas

that's not too big a deal, it's only a few hours, you get more pay, and if your boss is the good kind, he's probably going to be very grateful, and think you're a hard working employee who would be the kind of person he wants in a higher position. Working on Christmas can really push you up career wise, and it is after-all only another working day.

Danniiboii22 0
Kawaiichan42 3

I can kind of see where Op is coming from. My extended family always does dinner/presents at my grandma's house on Christmas Eve. That said, Op should really quit complaining. I work for my grandma, and I have to work Christmas Day.