By Anonymous - 22/07/2009 08:16 - Australia

Today, my boss sent out an email with the subject line "Urgent". He accidentally left the body of the email blank. I replied to all staff "You're firing blanks Peter". I later heard that his wife once got drunk and told everyone that they couldn't have kids because he has a low sperm count. FML
I agree, your life sucks 42 581
You deserved it 11 602

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Bahahaha! I had to read that twice before I got it though... heehee

Wow... Ironic. Pretty hilarious though

Comments

Aish_fml 0

It must not have been too urgent of a message if he left the body blank....

Sounds like OP wanted everyone to know his incredible and outstanding wit. YDI for being a tool man.

meeeep 0

firing blanks as in his sperm is, well "blank" as in it's not good and his wife can't get pregnant.

You know what I don't get? the "they can't have kids" part. Because god forbid they adopt a child or something.

onlypandorashope 0

it's not about eventually adopting kids. the face of the matter is, the OP said "firing blanks," as in his sperm isn't alive. and then the OP found out that his boss really CAN'T impregnate his wife. what's not to get?

That's my point. If they can't have kids the "normal" way then adopt a freaking kid. There is nothing stopping the OP's boss and his wife from getting a kid. Now if you're being literal and are pointing out that they can't "have" a kid because of his sperm count then fine, but my point is that if you can't have a kid via sex you can always adopt, and those people that say they "can't have kids" just because they can't do it via sex are assholes.

How is that relevant to the FML at all?

Well, Mr. smart ass genius man... ...you're a smart ass.

Wow genius_man, some things just go WAY over your head don't they?

Haha yeah i didn't get it either. i get it now tho FYL

theyre not as bad as people with really really arrogant usernames which are obviously completely fabricated based on the comments they give. im pretty sure everyone knows that infertile people can adopt children.

Whether or not the boss and his wife choose to expand their family through alternate means is irrelevant to the FML. The point of the FML was that the wording the OP used could be misconstrued as them making fun of the bosses sterility.

#34.... just shhhh... shhhh... shhhhhhh..enough.

(late comment is late) It's funny because "firing blanks" was meant to be about the blank body, but the boss has a low sperm count, so even during sex, he's "firing blanks." Quit being such a ******* killjoy.

Wow... Ironic. Pretty hilarious though

meaganinja 12

That's not ironic... It's just an unfortunate coincidence...

YDI simply for using the reply-all option. It's rarely appropriate as no one else gives a damn!

seb12992 0

Agreed. Also, this is a pretty dumb FML. Nice work moderating staff...

br00kr 22

i would like to tell you that in fact the viewers and not the staff pick which fml's are posted :)

LOL Why would you say firing blanks? You coulda' said "Your message was blank" or something. Don't worry, I didn't click YDI.

AHAHA *highfives* that was good, even if it was true lol